GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
If any of you need spacers let me know. I do a lot of side work like this.

Very nice. For anyone that needs this kind of spacer setup but doesn't have access to a lathe, I got custom spacers that provided clearance for my brakes and adapted to the centerbore of my OZ wheels from Motorsport-Tech.

I will say Motorsport-Tech was an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. Took weeks and a bunch of phone calls/emails to get a hold of them and they sent 5x120 spacers instead of 5x112 the first time around. Acted like I was inconveniencing them when I called to tell them they had sent spacers with the wrong bolt pattern. A couple weeks later I finally had the correct spacers. Huge pain but the end product works well.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
One of the wires going into my RVC broke at the entry to the RVC, so last night I attempted to patch the break. Unfortunately I ended up breaking the other two wires at the same location in the process, so I put it on hold until this morning.

Of course, this morning I managed to patch the wires but I guess I wasn't thinking or something because it turns out I used wire a lot thinner than I should have as part of the patch. When I reinstalled the RVC, I got video on the RNS510 when I put the car into reverse (good!) but the car threw a code for the reverse light (bad!) The worst thing was that I started smelling a burning electronics smell pretty quickly, so I got that thing out of there ASAP.

Anyway, I now have a new RVC coming from ECS Tuning and the car's currently using the hatch handle that came with it from the factory in the meantime. :(

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
It’s finally here!!! Further interior work on the seats then mocking up install on this is next. :woot:

Attachments

• 6A2B6ADF-473B-45FB-8EE2-3461E2DFDDD7.jpeg
    6A2B6ADF-473B-45FB-8EE2-3461E2DFDDD7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
PM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG-7313.PNG
    IMG-7313.PNG
    880.1 KB · Views: 113
  • CA1E9E7B-C99D-403F-8A7B-B1428005FEB7.JPG
    CA1E9E7B-C99D-403F-8A7B-B1428005FEB7.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 116
  • C608E888-DF85-40DD-A9FA-6CE7101BC754.JPG
    C608E888-DF85-40DD-A9FA-6CE7101BC754.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 106

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Drove to NJ this morning. Bday gift to myself.

346DAD1B-E8BA-44AF-8167-52B1DBE47F84.jpeg

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I attended a track day at Laguna Seca with NCRC yesterday. They had a low turnout so they ran 3 groups with 7 sessions each. It was a great day. I got an instructor for my second session. I wound up running 60 laps. I started with both the H&R 26mm FSB and 034 25.4mm RSB on their stiff settings. I was getting a lot of lift throttle oversteer and the stability control was stepping in a lot. After the second session I moved the rear bar to soft (roughly equal to the H&R 24mm RSB on stiff). After that the car was balanced really well. I could adjust entry/mid corner oversteer with throttle. It still had a bit of lift throttle oversteer, but it wasn't nearly as obtrusive.

In the fourth session I was chasing this guy in a supercharged Mustang for 7-8 laps until we started hitting lapped traffic. His car had ~500 hp. He was killing me on the straights, but I had him in every corner.

This was my fastest lap. 1:53.51 in session 5.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
In the fourth session I was chasing this guy in a supercharged Mustang for 7-8 laps until we started hitting lapped traffic. His car had ~500 hp. He was killing me on the straights, but I had him in every corner.

Can't watch videos at the moment but that is impressive!!!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I attended a track day at Laguna Seca with NCRC yesterday. They had a low turnout so they ran 3 groups with 7 sessions each. It was a great day. I got an instructor for my second session. I wound up running 60 laps. I started with both the H&R 26mm RSB and 034 25.4mm RSB on their stiff settings. I was getting a lot of lift throttle oversteer and the stability control was stepping in a lot. After the second session I moved the rear bar to soft (roughly equal to the H&R 24mm RSB on stiff). After that the car was balanced really well. I could adjust entry/mid corner oversteer with throttle. It still had a bit of lift throttle oversteer, but it wasn't nearly as obtrusive.

This was my fastest lap. 1:53.51 in session 5.

Very impressive driving and great videos!, I bet that mustang was surprised at your cornering ?

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Ive been driving for 30+ years. Some habits are hard to break. The steering wheel in this car is kind of small at 3 and 9 for my hands too.

Fun videos!

Didn’t your instructor tell you to put your hands at 9 and 3, and keep them there?;)

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
One of the wires going into my RVC broke at the entry to the RVC, so last night I attempted to patch the break. Unfortunately I ended up breaking the other two wires at the same location in the process, so I put it on hold until this morning.

Of course, this morning I managed to patch the wires but I guess I wasn't thinking or something because it turns out I used wire a lot thinner than I should have as part of the patch. When I reinstalled the RVC, I got video on the RNS510 when I put the car into reverse (good!) but the car threw a code for the reverse light (bad!) The worst thing was that I started smelling a burning electronics smell pretty quickly, so I got that thing out of there ASAP.

Anyway, I now have a new RVC coming from ECS Tuning and the car's currently using the hatch handle that came with it from the factory in the meantime. :(
I‘ve had to patch the yellow wire three times already. It’s super flimsy and gets brittle. I wrapped the wire with audi wire tape and it’s been working ok for more than a year. The whole things flips in and out so the wires takes a beating every time I think.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I‘ve had to patch the yellow wire three times already. It’s super flimsy and gets brittle. I wrapped the wire with audi wire tape and it’s been working ok for more than a year. The whole things flips in and out so the wires takes a beating every time I think.
☹ , I was just looking at the rvc last night on ecs . Would be such a sweet mod, but if I recall correctly it's a pain to install?