GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I know a guy that had one. It NEVER drove anywhere. It had it's 3rd Titan built motor, carbon fiber everything, race seats, giant turbo, HRe's, custom paint, etc. I changed the oil on it once and almost couldn't get it out of the shop. It died when cold and bc race clutch. They wanted to sell it for like 80k... This was probably in 2011. They finally got rid of it years later, not sure what they let it go for. No thanks! A stock one maybe yea

Used to be a pair of big email lists wayyyy back in the day when forums hadn't caught on yet - back in 1999-2001 era. Mk4Chicago and SuperCarsChicago were the two email lists - most of them largely Mk4 Supra guys.... lot of BT cars of varying levels of insanity. I'm pretty sure one of them (online alias was "Marcus Frost"... I had a total massive insane crush on his girlfriend back then) was the founder of the old T04R.com.

I actually had full plans to buy a Mk4, then take it over to the guys at Sound Performance for a small single conversion. IIRC a 66mm setup was kinda the way to go - 550rwhp, solid, reliable, and streetable. I was actively shopping when I came home with a Z06 one day. It was THE hot new car - I became interested in it when we lost a bucket of money to one against my buddy's "BPU" Mk4TT.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Whats for lunch?

A properly set-up MR-S with a 2ZZ or a 3S-GTE is a weapon of mass destruction at the track. Bonus style points if hardtop and if the owner has good cosmetic taste.

Exhibit A:
View attachment 165460
Wow 100% agree.

They can be bought relatively cheap too. Poor mans lotus if u mod if correctly.

And yes only way to do a mr2 is with a hardtop . That mr2 you posted is beautiful
Polished wheels weren't an option on the 94 IIRC.... "unmolested" HAH!

Still kinda want one of these. They're starting to feel dated though.

And as impressive as their performance was for the mid/late 90s... they're not really all THAT quick by today's standards.
A lot more impressive 90s cars imo.

Some notable cars most people dont mention... acura integra type r , eclipse gsx , 3000gt vr4
The Celica GT-four along with the coupe Quattro and the Delta Integrale are what started my lust for AWD hatch backs. ?

I’ve always wanted to drive a MR2 turbo, but I also like living. ??‍♂️
Lol^

Small cars are so fun. Or i should say sub 2500 lb cars

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I have do have one decal on my rear hatch glass. "Save the Manuals" which was a Car and Driver thing.

Sticker Police Approved

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I’m not sure paramedics cutting the panties off of spectators because he lost control of his mustang trying to look cool leaving cars and coffee counts. ?
LOL - one of those happened right over here in Downers Grover at C&C at the Jaguar dealer

GolNat

Autocross Champion
there's a local-ish enthusiast who just bought a mclaren 720s... he splits time between up here and FL, this would go with his Mk4 Supra, Lambo SVJ, Bentley (Brooklands, i think), and Hellcat.

Damn. That is a nice set of cars he has.

Oh wow, there actually is a difference. If its cut out without a background its a decal

Lols

Them horn blasters

Mr2 ftw. The last gen and most hated one is actually a great car. Very popular to celica gts engine swap it

Id rather have a clean modified mr2 turbo with body kit

I always forget about the MR2.

This too. IMO visiting or spectating doesn't really count.

Where the grey area, for me, is.... must the sticker apply ONLY to THAT vehicle which wears the sticker? Or, does having driven on said track ever, in the past, qualify? Is there a statute of limitations for how long the on-track event is considered valid for a sticker?

:unsure: good point. I would say that it only applies to said vehicle. Tail of the Dragon decal goes on the GTI not the family Minivan. Once GTI is gone new car needs to do Tail of the Dragon to earn new decal. Guy at work has Tail of the Dragon decals on his Veloster Turbo. He did actually go there with a bunch of Hyundai people.

They can be bought relatively cheap too. Poor mans lotus if u mod if correctly.

And yes only way to do a mr2 is with a hardtop . That mr2 you posted is beautiful

A lot more impressive 90s cars imo.

Some notable cars most people dont mention... acura integra type r , eclipse gsx , 3000gt vr4

Lol^

Small cars are so fun. Or i should say sub 2500 lb cars

Integra Type R is awesome. One of my favorites. CRX Si are sweet too. Honda Fit...with a K swap (y)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Dude yes.

Love me mahi mahi tacos .

With some crystals hot sauce and bunch of lemon, with some crunchy slaw.

Seafood guy? Seared ahi tuna mmmh

This^

Mahi mahi is good. Tried it in a taco and wasn't a fan.

A properly set-up MR-S with a 2ZZ or a 3S-GTE is a weapon of mass destruction at the track. Bonus style points if hardtop and if the owner has good cosmetic taste.

Exhibit A:
View attachment 165460

That is gorgeous. I don't live near a track only 3 drag strips cause DE is lame. I'd drag it though.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Dude yes.

This^
I'm surprised you like Crystal hot sauce - it is quite mild as far as hot sauces go.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Dude yes.

This^

Oh yea not scared. Tuna steaks every now and then. Seared ahi for sure. Buffalo shrimp, coconut shrimp, fried shrimp, creole shrimp, pineapple shrimp, shrimp kabobs... shrimp gumbo... lol

Supposed to be nice sunday, thinking about smoking some chicken wings. Found a couple recipes where they inject them with Franks. might try that

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Hell yeah on the K swapped Fit! K24 frank with the k20a2 head, RBC intake manifold and a Full Race turbo on that thing. The transmission would only hold for about 3 pulls, but those 3 pulls would be magical.

(y) Former Honda Guy knows his Honda's lol