GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DG springs

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Is there anyone running DG springs specifically the 4dr MT version on a 4dr DSG?
Trying to see FTG measurements or pictures.

The Yetti

Ready to race!
I am running the 4DR DSG on a 4DR DSG and I recommend you do the same. A couple years ago I did extensive research on VWR, Eibach, and the DG springs and learned that you'd want that extra weight protection just in case you fill the car up.

The springs are rated for the weight of the car and if you want the MT version look on the DSG, you're better off going VWR but the ride is harsher.

zrickety

The Fixer
They are not very different. In fact, the new springs are one part number for all cars. DSG or MT, MKV or MK6.
Here is my 4 door DSG car on the 2 door MT springs.
mk6.jpg

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
They are not very different. In fact, the new springs are one part number for all cars. DSG or MT, MKV or MK6.
View attachment 166532

Cool thanks, iirc my front measurements were a tad under 25"ftg in the front and around 25 1/4 or 1/2 in the rear. Just scraping while taking tuns and there a dip. Maybe an alignment will help with that a little. Im also downgrading from 18x8.5 et45 225/40 to 17x8 et45 either in 225/45 or 235/45.

Heres mine.
8847DCB9-C35E-44CB-B144-5E458879FF1E.jpeg

Last edited:

The Yetti

Ready to race!
View attachment 166532

Ah! Back when I got them, there were actually different part numbers across the different styles. Maybe they changed that and brought them under on universal spring so can't say much to that. But will add that I get no rubbing or scraping unless the car is really loaded down with passengers and full load in the back. Regardless on my 18" or 17" wheel setup.

Attachments

• 32.PNG
    32.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 186

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Ah! Back when I got them, there were actually different part numbers across the different styles. Maybe they changed that and brought them under on universal spring so can't say much to that. But will add that I get no rubbing or scraping unless the car is really loaded down with passengers and full load in the back. Regardless on my 18" or 17" wheel setup.
That's a really nice ride height! What size tires are you running?

The Yetti

Ready to race!

AM407

Autocross Champion
Yeah, that looks really good! Love the look of those tires & rims, too. Dunno if the rims are a bit narrower or if the tires are a smidge wider, but that meaty look of the sidewall is great.