GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sizing rims

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Check out fitmentindustries.com for a gallery of cars with wheel specs. You can look at just MK6 GTI's to get an idea.

I'm sure someone with more wheel experience will chime in. Is the car lowered? That's a pretty low offset.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So I’m looking to get new rims for my Mk6, with the stock Detroit rims being a 18x7.5 with a 45mm offset. The new ones I want to get https://www.urotuning.com/products/tsw-sebring-18-matte-black are 18x8.5 with a 32mm offset. Will they fit and if not what information do I need in order to calculate the specifics?

That's going to create a lot of poke... meaning they are going to be closer to the fenders. Are you pulling the fenders?

Are you lowered? What tires are you planning on running?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yea that's probably about .5" past flush. Torga should be here shortly to tell you once he looks lol. The fitment industries has a calculator where you can enter your stock wheel and new wheel for comparisons. I don't like the stance/poke look... I think an 8.5" +45 is about the most aggressive I would want. I'm running the 18x8 +45 and I'm completely fine with it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
If you want that poke look...all the kids around me do that so it must be cool iono

I thought Detroits were 51mm?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
They have the same rim in ET42... any reason you're not going with that fitment?

ivatemig

Also looking for rims for my 2010 Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI MK6. I have been checking out Tire Rack and 4wheelonline and it left me confused.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Also looking for rims for my 2010 Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI MK6. I have been checking out Tire Rack and 4wheelonline and it left me confused.
What’s got you confused?

If there’s a rule of thumb for these cars, it’s that 8 inch wide wheels with a 45 mm offset is the easy go-to fitment. If you run a 225 width tire there should be little to no risk of rubbing, and if you do rub it’ll like be fixed with the fender screw mod.

ivatemig

What’s got you confused?

If there’s a rule of thumb for these cars, it’s that 8 inch wide wheels with a 45 mm offset is the easy go-to fitment. If you run a 225 width tire there should be little to no risk of rubbing, and if you do rub it’ll like be fixed with the fender screw mod.

They have a wide selection. I don't know what to go for.

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
ADDB194E-05D2-450B-BFBF-04B512DE6F94.jpeg

1BC3C993-7CD0-4DBC-83D4-E09217442936.jpeg

7E8356F3-EC5C-4D79-A93F-9B6765CA3FB8.jpeg

Took some pics before I sold em to this guy. These are Miro 111’s 18x8.5 with a +33 Offset. Rims are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports 225/45 I believe. He’s lowered, forgot to ask what kinda springs.. Has a slight rub in the inside fender well while at full turn. Slight poke which you can seen in the pictures.