GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I had a yeti and somebody stole it out of my garage. Got an Rtic and it’s almost exactly the same and cheaper. I’d try Craig’s or an app, used to see ads where people magically had a surplus of them for sale
Yeah I've looked, either far away from me or the people want the brand new price for a used cooler. Nope. I can make it a few more weeks and keep looking.
If you’re going to commit to camping a lot, you should get a 12v refrigerator cooler, so while you’re driving to the track it keeping it colder. Just make sure the amperage isn’t more than the power point in the hatch can handle.
I'd rather just use ice, I can't see the lightweight battery playing nice with power being drawn when the car isn't on.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I've looked, either far away from me or the people want the brand new price for a used cooler. Nope. I can make it a few more weeks and keep looking.

I'd rather just use ice, I can't see the lightweight battery playing nice with power being drawn when the car isn't on.
Yeah, you’d only leave it plugged in while driving. No car battery will run a fridge very long without the car running. You’d still use ice. It would just keep it cooler longer. The cooler being outdoors in the dead of summer isn’t going to bode well. Only solution is a bigger cooler and more ice, more frequently.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah, you’d only leave it plugged in while driving. No car battery will run a fridge very long without the car running. You’d still use ice. It would just keep it cooler longer. The cooler being outdoors in the dead of summer isn’t going to bode well. Only solution is a bigger cooler and more ice, more frequently.
I just watched a lengthy youtube video comparing some of the name brand coolers and I think between an otterbox, rtic, yeti that would be perfect. I don't need it to last days without replenishing the ice, I'm totally fine doing that once a day but to not have it keep ice for 5 hours is asinine. I just put the return through for the coleman junk I bought.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I just watched a lengthy youtube video comparing some of the name brand coolers and I think between an otterbox, rtic, yeti that would be perfect. I don't need it to last days without replenishing the ice, I'm totally fine doing that once a day but to not have it keep ice for 5 hours is asinine. I just put the return through for the coleman junk I bought.
Word

clownish

just clowning around

the RTIC ones are cheaper than all the rest, sized slightly larger and ice lasts for days. perfect for car camping. have a 65 or 60 or whatever size that is and its been good for the last few years. Although my Coleman cheapo has also been good - sometimes I bring both. just pack it full of ice and its never gone bad for a few days either w/ food.

clownish

just clowning around
Fox 2.5s but used Eibach rear springs.

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Pro Tip: Use block ice not cubes. Will last much longer.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Long shot but anyone have one of those fancy coolers for sale? I just bought a cheapo coleman for $40 and am returning it because it's a piece of crap. Ice didnt even last 5 hours in the car with me, ended up having to throw a bunch of food out because there isn't ice available at the track. I'm planning on camping a lot and track days etc so I guess I'll bite the bullet for one of the more expensive types. Yeti/otterbox/rtic etc
I invested in an RTIC a while back. Pretty happy with it. I think it's a 45.