GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

GolNat

Autocross Champion
It says it's a Sachs kit. Looks like a Sachs kit. I doubt it's not a Sachs kit.

It will say Sachs on the parts so you can check them when they arrive to verify but FCP is usually accurate with their info.

aspirollari

Ready to race!
It says it's a Sachs kit. Looks like a Sachs kit. I doubt it's not a Sachs kit.

It will say Sachs on the parts so you can check them when they arrive to verify but FCP is usually accurate with their info.
Yea i agree, i went ahead and ordered it. The Honey extension saved me $22 so it ended up being 444 to my door. Can't complain. Now gotta sell the extra disc and TOB lol

Tkwmk6

I just got this installed clutch feels amazing a lot stiffer than the stock clutch engages lower too I had the clutch installed with the iabed rear mainseal and spulen highflow clutch bleeder Money well spent i only have maybe 30miles on it so far so I hope it softens up a tiny bit next week I’ll flash on eurodyne stage 2 high torque an take it easy for 200 miles

aspirollari

Ready to race!
I just got this installed clutch feels amazing a lot stiffer than the stock clutch engages lower too I had the clutch installed with the iabed rear mainseal and spulen highflow clutch bleeder Money well spent i only have maybe 30miles on it so far so I hope it softens up a tiny bit next week I’ll flash on eurodyne stage 2 high torque an take it easy for 200 miles
awesome to hear! Whats the purpose of the rear mainseal and clutch bleeder? My first time ever hearing about that.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Rear main seal is a known weak point. Replacing the OEM unit with an iAbed unit is highly recommended. At the very least I would replace it with an OEM unit but the iAbed is a super high quality piece and worth the cost/peace of mind. If you are tuning I'd get the iAbed no questions since it can handle all the extra stress that is put on the engine.

The stock clutch bleeder block is plastic. It is recommended to replace it with a metal one since it's stronger and when combined with a SS clutch line will result in better clutch pedal feel. I stuck with the all the OEM stuff and am happy with it.

Tkwmk6

Rear main seal is a known weak point. Replacing the OEM unit with an iAbed unit is highly recommended. At the very least I would replace it with an OEM unit but the iAbed is a super high quality piece and worth the cost/peace of mind. If you are tuning I'd get the iAbed no questions since it can handle all the extra stress that is put on the engine.

The stock clutch bleeder block is plastic. It is recommended to replace it with a metal one since it's stronger and when combined with a SS clutch line will result in better clutch pedal feel. I stuck with the all the OEM stuff and am happy with it.
I had bought the ss clutch line from usp with the bleeder block but it didn’t fit with the spulen bleeder block So I’m just using the stock line

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I had bought the ss clutch line from usp with the bleeder block but it didn’t fit with the spulen bleeder block So I’m just using the stock line

I had the USP SS line and I couldn't get it to fit the stock bleeder block so it might not be the bleeder block.

torga

Autocross Champion
I had the USP SS line and I couldn't get it to fit the stock bleeder block so it might not be the bleeder block.
Shit, I just ordered the USP line, should I return and get ECS? I got the Spulen block.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Shit, I just ordered the USP line, should I return and get ECS? I got the Spulen block.

If you can I would say yes return it for 2 reasons.

1.) I have one that I'll send you for cheap if you want to take a chance with it. Might have been me. Yeah I just installed a clutch but we all have those dumb moments.
2.) ECS seems like a safer option as I didn't find any instances of people having issues with them. I don't remember reading anything about people having issues with the USP one either but here we are.

I could get one side in but the other side would not fit. I could get the same side into the bleeder block securely and if I flipped the line I could get it into the swirl valve securely. I tried removing the swirl valve and going directly into the master. Tried moving the O ring as it was in a different spot on one side of the USP line. Didn't help. Maybe you gotta man handle it but after dealing with the clutch install I just chucked it in the F-it bucket and moved on.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'll fit check both sides before I start the return process, just to be sure about it. If both ends fit the bleed block, I see no reason to not keep try to install.

aspirollari

Ready to race!

wow like i said my first time hearing this. Is this a common thing that mk6 drivers are doing/have done when changing the clutch? Because i felt like i would have heard or read about it. Is the rear seal one of those things that once you take it off to do the tranny work it never goes back on quite the same and is likely to start leaking? Secondly, does the tranny have to be out in order to replace the clutch bleeder or is that something i can decide to do in the future after the new clutch has already been installed? Does replacing the bleeder block require much extra work?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
wow like i said my first time hearing this. Is this a common thing that mk6 drivers are doing/have done when changing the clutch? Because i felt like i would have heard or read about it. Is the rear seal one of those things that once you take it off to do the tranny work it never goes back on quite the same and is likely to start leaking? Secondly, does the tranny have to be out in order to replace the clutch bleeder or is that something i can decide to do in the future after the new clutch has already been installed? Does replacing the bleeder block require much extra work?

Yes it is a common thing. I have seen it mentioned many times throughout the forum. Might even be mentioned in DIY's. It is mentioned in build threads also. It's a common thing to do on any car really. If I was doing a Honda clutch I'd do an RMS because it's right there once the tranny is removed. It is more of a common failure on GTI's especially if your PCV fails (which is a MK6 known issue). If the RMS is done correctly then no it won't leak.

The clutch bleeder valve is located outside of the housing so yes it can be done later you will just have to bleed the clutch again.

aspirollari

Ready to race!
Yes it is a common thing. I have seen it mentioned many times throughout the forum. Might even be mentioned in DIY's. It is mentioned in build threads also. It's a common thing to do on any car really. If I was doing a Honda clutch I'd do an RMS because it's right there once the tranny is removed. It is more of a common failure on GTI's especially if your PCV fails (which is a MK6 known issue). If the RMS is done correctly then no it won't leak.

The clutch bleeder valve is located outside of the housing so yes it can be done later you will just have to bleed the clutch again.
Gotcha. I really appreciate you giving me the informative answers my friend. Its guys like you that keep these forums on point so i applaud you for that.

aspirollari

Ready to race!

Do you know if it matters whether or not i have a cbfa or a ccta concerning the rear main seal?