GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Cool story bro,
As long as was a v8 that is.
I haven't had an opportunity to do a roll with 5.0

Yeah I'm not sure it was a V8 because it looked like a newer gen Mustang (2016-2017) and they are pushing 435. The 2018 got a bump to 460. So if it was a 5.0 with more room he would have walked away pretty hard. We started as a slower roll (40-45) so it might have been out of his power band. His tires were certainly spinning, and spinning ain't winning.

I think the og Coyote would make around 360-380 stock, 400 and more depending on bolt ons and tune. Not sure what the newer gen engine does, and weighs a lot more than your car. The ecoboost sounds so wrong with a loud exhaust on it lol

The new gens are pushing out some serious power!! They can weigh up too 3800 pounds tho. It was certainly a newer gen (2015 or newer). Lol, all the EcoBoost's around me have snap crackle pop tunes on them (n)

Gotta watch out for us old guys. :LOL:

They can be sneaky lol.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So...I wasn't paying much attention at the lights.
Green it goes and this jeep truck takes off like we racing?? Huh.. Engine singing all the way to the lights.
So.. New red light. I check out the badges. Rubicon. Big tires. Music blaring. Sun roof open.
Not this time dude... I know he's gonna rip it again

The light goes green and I don't even hear his engine I'm so far ahead.. Like..what Just happened???? Since I'm already in 33d and down the street I just cruised to 4th and he goes chuggin on by engine high revving.

What gives? I thought it was a 4.0 in those no?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Green it goes and this jeep truck takes off like we racing?? Huh.. Engine singing all the way to the lights.
So.. New red light. I check out the badges. Rubicon. Big tires. Music blaring. Sun roof open.

The light goes green and I don't even hear his engine I'm so far ahead.. Like..what Just happened???? Since I'm already in 33d and down the street I just cruised to 4th and he goes chuggin on by engine high revving.

The old Jeeps had the straight 6 in them. The new Wranglers you can get a V6 with 285 hp but they weigh like 4500 pounds. Same with Chargers and Challengers. Yeah they have over 400 hp but the car weighs 4400 pounds. Or it has so much power it can't actually make it too the pavement unless it's on a prepped drag strip.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

could have been the 4.8... the 4.0 is a solid engine but not always in the "i am speed" sense

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Big tires means big power drain. Rolling those 33" mud tires takes a LOT of engine work. And if they have the tall gears for rock crawling it's going to need twice the revs just to move LOL

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Unless you re-gear the final drive those big boat anchor wheels & tires will really sap the power.

When someone comes up & wants to play Ricky Racer with me I generally laugh at them. Pisses them off & makes my day. :LOL:

I had a young gun come up to me at the track & say "I'm faster than you & my car has got lots of power so when I'm behind you let me by". I say OK, me thinks WTF? :unsure: Long story short half way through the session I lapped him. LOL!!! Boy did that ever make this old fart smile. Heck just thinking about it now I'm smiling. ;)

On the street I have no use for games of speed. I guess all my time on the track & on the rally stage has made that unnecessary for me. Your mileage may vary as they say. Have fun be safe.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Unless you re-gear the final drive those big boat anchor wheels & tires will really sap the power.

When someone comes up & wants to play Ricky Racer with me I generally laugh at them. Pisses them off & makes my day. :LOL:

I had a young gun come up to me at the track & say "I'm faster than you & my car has got lots of power so when I'm behind you let me by". I say OK, me thinks WTF? :unsure: Long story short half way through the session I lapped him. LOL!!! Boy did that ever make this old fart smile. Heck just thinking about it now I'm smiling. ;)

On the street I have no use for games of speed. I guess all my time on the track & on the rally stage has made that unnecessary for me. Your mileage may vary as they say. Have fun be safe.

did you give him a courtesy honk while passing?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Kept up with a Charger 392. We were steady through 2nd then when I went to third he jumped a car and I was on his bumper. He got about a car and half/maybe 2 in front while I was going through 3rd and when I went into 4th I started gaining on him a bit and he shut it down. This car is surprising the hell out of me!!!!

I’m pretty sure it was the same charger I ran for fun at Stage 1 and he walked me like I wasn’t even participating 😆.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Was leaving the post office and an older gentleman in a Dart parks next to me. He gets out and points to the GTI and said how he always loved that body style. He verified it was a Golf and said he bought a Super Bug brand new for 7k back in the day. It was his first VW and new car and he loved it. Asked me what kinda mileage I was getting and said his Dart is about the same (mid 20's). He went into the post office and I was sitting in my car sending an email out. When he came out and got in his car it looked like he had a manual so I asked him if it was and he said no not in my old age but I saw your "Save the Manual" sticker on the back and always loved driving one. I mentioned that I had a VW diesel wagon and he looked confused and said "station wagon! diesel you say". Yeah you can pick them up for a decent price ever since Diesel Gate. He said I'll buy it off you lol. He complimented me on how clean the GTI was and that he liked the sound.

I was in Micheal's (craft store) checking out and the cashier asked me if I had a GTI. I was thinking how does he know that then remembered I had my GTI hat on. I said yeah man a MK6 it's great. He said he was saving up for one and thinks they are really cool. I recommended a MK7 if he can swing the extra money. He asked if I didn't like my MK6 and why a MK7. I mentioned how they worked out all the issues the MK6 had and it responds better to performance mods. I didn't have the GTI at the time but I might stop by with it and see if he is working so he can check it out. Gotta keep the VW love going.

At a light making a left and there is a newer Challenger R/T *Scat Pack in front of me. Before the light turns green he starts doing a mini burnout (looked like he might have had a line lock or something). He kinda drifts the turn so I follow. Traction control was on and it was a cool night so I'm spinning and bogging down. He gets a few cars ahead and slows it down for a right hand turn. I turn traction control off and follow around the turn. He puts the hammer down and I'm still struggling for traction. I stayed about a solid 2 cars behind up into 4th when we shut it down. LSD would have been great.

G35 or 37. He sees me pull out of a parking lot and slows down till we are even. I hear him down shift it a few times and he kinda waits for me. I'm thinking okay buddy, and take off in 3rd. Walked away in a hurry and slowed down to let him catch up a bit then rolled into the throttle and walked away again.

Rolled up on a Civic Si while he was in the left lane. He down shifted and floored it as I was coming by. I was like Okay, down shifted and flew by him. He was done playing after that.

*Edit: It was a Scat Pack R/T with the big boy engine.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Went to DMV today for my inspection. Due to covid they skipped the emissions testing so I’m good for another 2 years. Parked next to this T-tagged EcoBeast. They must be pretty confident to have a Gapplebees sticker! That would suck to get gapped by a Golf and have to take it off 😬

View attachment 182366

Can confirm this thing is quick 😆. There was no gapping done by a Golf 😂.

Went for a drive cause I’m bored and it’s a beautiful day. Ran into him on my way through town and we had a few runs. He walked me the first time cause I got on it too late after he passed me. I followed him out of town. We turned at a light onto a back road and from low speed it can fucking move (I think they are AWD). He gained a few cars before I got into third and started gaining ever so slightlFrom a roll in third I was right on his ass and gaining ever so slightly to the top of 4th. Super surprised as I have walked ones before at Stage 1 (Maybe 2 🤔) so he must have some work done to it. I could see a big intercooler in the front.

Gave him a peace sign when he turned off but he didn’t look very happy 🤷🏼‍♂️ He had a shitty radar detector that kept setting mine off which was fun 😐.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Can confirm this thing is quick 😆. There was no gapping done by a Golf 😂.

Went for a drive cause I’m bored and it’s a beautiful day. Ran into him on my way through town and we had a few runs. He walked me the first time cause I got on it too late after he passed me. I followed him out of town. We turned at a light onto a back road and from low speed it can fucking move (I think they are AWD). He gained a few cars before I got into third and started gaining ever so slightlFrom a roll in third I was right on his ass and gaining ever so slightly to the top of 4th. Super surprised as I have walked ones before at Stage 1 (Maybe 2 🤔) so he must have some work done to it. I could see a big intercooler in the front.

Gave him a peace sign when he turned off but he didn’t look very happy 🤷🏼‍♂️ He had a shitty radar detector that kept setting mine off which was fun 😐.
Your KO4 correct?
My sons girl friend has one of these, I think like 320hp stock