GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I quit Facetoob twice. The second round I opened an account mainly to watch what my dad was doing with his "business" page. I basically left it alone until the inevitable happened. Most of my recommended friends were people from a job I left, an ex hitting the messenger to bitch about her life/husband, random people finding me that bought cars I used to own. Downloaded data, stepped away... If I had my own biz I would definitely use it.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
I quit Facetoob twice. The second round I opened an account mainly to watch what my dad was doing with his "business" page. I basically left it alone until the inevitable happened. Most of my recommended friends were people from a job I left, an ex hitting the messenger to bitch about her life/husband, random people finding me that bought cars I used to own. Downloaded data, stepped away... If I had my own biz I would definitely use it.
Like I said to Jay last night, High School once was enough.

torga

Autocross Champion
I have never had one. I think about getting one so I can be more involved in local car stuff since that is the only thing that anyone ever uses. Then I'm like is it worth it?
This and Marketplace are big reasons why I keep FB around.

Phur

Autocross Champion
This and Marketplace are big reasons why I keep FB around.
I wish that you could access only those things and keep some anonymity.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
It blows my mind. We got a vet at work that's a die hard trump supporter. Every once in a while one of my republican co-workers who calls out both sides all the time, he's not biased toward any side and just calls shit as he sees it, will try and talk to him about things. After some of the news about what he's said about vets and how he treats vets recently, he went to have another chat with him, and the vet was just like, I'm turning everything off and not paying attention to any politics until the election. I know he's not going to change his vote, so instead he's just choosing to ignore the information. He's the type of person that would post the picture of the guy driving through the crowd at Charlottesville and state how dangerous antifa and blm is.

Theres just no reasoning with them. The blatant refusal to even accept the opportunity to look at different information is so offending to them that they just switch off, and its dangerous. Yet they call everyone else snowflakes. My GF's old job received a bunch of threats over the weekend from a livid Trump fan because the store (a big corporate book store chain) was selling Trump Dammit Dolls and they thought they were offensive and condescending to the President. Ended up threatening everyone, then got a bunch of other people to start calling and harassing the store after attempting to go viral with videos. The police had to get involved and patrolled the store for the remainder of the weekend.
Unreal.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
We got this other salesman at work, idk wtf has gotten into him lately, but he spends most of his day watching toxic masculinity shit on youtube. Yesterday he was listening to some guy going off about sensitive men talking about how sensitive men are the type of people that buy a subscription to hand lotion and that's not what women want. It's often about how to be the alpha male and how to avoid alpha females or how to deal with them. It's constantly making men out to be the victim for womens (or feminists) actions. Another one of the things he was listening to yesterday gave a trigger/offensive warning twice within about a minute, warning people to turn it off now if you're easily offended, but I don't think what he said was offensive, just stupid.

He used to listen to nothing but older rock music from like the 70s and 80s...I miss those days.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Theres just no reasoning with them. The blatant refusal to even accept the opportunity to look at different information is so offending to them that they just switch off, and its dangerous. Yet they call everyone else snowflakes. My GF's old job received a bunch of threats over the weekend from a livid Trump fan because the store (a big corporate book store chain) was selling Trump Dammit Dolls and they thought they were offensive and condescending to the President. Ended up threatening everyone, then got a bunch of other people to start calling and harassing the store after attempting to go viral with videos. The police had to get involved and patrolled the store for the remainder of the weekend.
Unreal.

The hypocrisy is what I have a problem with. They constantly tell you to respect the president, but when we had a black president they would call him the n-word and people were literally burning effigies in protest. If you bring that up today they'll say that never happened.

This was like 10 years ago, I was at the gym to my neighborhood and no one else was there. This older short guy walks in and asks if he can put the news on. I didn't care so I just said no problem, but then he turns on fox news and starts going off about Obama and n-word this, n-word that....

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I’ve never been on FakeBook. The only reason that I ever got on Instagram was to register for a car show. That was the only way that they were doing it. I only post car stuff. I find it frustrating that I don’t have access to marketplace and a lot of car show info, but, like GolNat said... “Is it worth it?”
I’m begrudgingly on LinkedIn, but hate it. My school says that it is a necessary tool to get a job in today’s market. Why is it okay for the job market to me skewed against introverted, private people?
I have FB and only use it for coaching related things. I deleted my LinkedIn because recruiters somehow think people with established careers want to go be a temporary contractor 4 states away and never stopped calling me.
I have a few IG profiles, one for car things, one for me things, one for car photography things, and a few less important ones.