GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 VW GTI multiple Misfire

Jakesac51

My gti has 130k and is missing really bad at idle but it’s fine once I start driving it it’s got to be more than one cylinder Bc it sounds like it’s loping.
These are the codes I pulled:
P052A
P0300
P0055
C3064
C342D
Help please I need to fix it and don’t want to take it to the shop!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
When is the last time the plugs or coil packs were replaced?

Did you pull a plug to see what it looks like?

Stock or tuned?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I replaced one coil pack about a month ago and it looked kinda bad and it’s totally stock

I'd replace all 4 along with brand new NGK spark plugs. Make sure you check the gap, they can be of from the factory even tho they come pre-gapped.

Jakesac51

I'd replace all 4 along with brand new NGK spark plugs. Make sure you check the gap, they can be of from the factory even tho they come pre-gapped.
Tried moving it today and it stalled and wouldn’t restart....pulled all the coil packs and two looked burnt up but I think it may be a fuel issue or something else bc I didn’t have problems until it got cold outside and I tried starting it

GolNat

Autocross Champion
When was the fuel filer last replaced?

Do you have OBD11 or VCDS?

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
why would you only replace 1 coilpack? have you changed plugs yet?

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
Say no.jpg

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
And any other question going through your head about what else cold possibly be neglected like that...What is All of it for $2000..

that-is-correct-paul.jpg

Jakesac51

I’m replacing the coil packs and plugs later today but I doubt that is it. All coil packs and plug just don’t go out at once after i drove it 1 hour and let it sit. If it’s not I’m going to check the fuel filter and pump. I’m going to check the intake manifold too because I heard there’s a lever that always breaks

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I’m replacing the coil packs and plugs later today but I doubt that is it. All coil packs and plug just don’t go out at once after i drove it 1 hour and let it sit. If it’s not I’m going to check the fuel filter and pump. I’m going to check the intake manifold too because I heard there’s a lever that always breaks
yeah, the intake flap is super easy to check, im sure there are a few youtubes showing how.

but really, with 130k, it could be a shit ton of carbon build up... time to pull the intake and get out that toothbrush

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion