GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear camber

Hi all, I need camber on the rear so I can fit some fat wheels. There's only really 2 that are available in my country (Australia) and that's the Hard Race rear camber kit. They have 2 options available, one is with hardened rubber bushing and the other is pillow ball bushing and the price difference is $160, (pillow ball being the more expensive one). Is it worth getting the more expensive one?? Or would you hardly be able to feel the difference? Would the rubber wear out quicker? Someone help please :)

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Why do you need fat rear tires on a FWD car again?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Are you going to stance it? #cambergang

Thumper

Autocross Champion
stance.
Also I said wheels, not tyres. I'll be having 225/40.

Stance and stretch :sick:

Yes, the rubber will wear out faster than ball bearings. As for feeling the difference, who cares, you're going stance, it's all about the looks, who cares about ride or performance. :p

I would get the ball bearing style though just from a longevity standpoint.

Stance and stretch :sick:

Yes, the rubber will wear out faster than ball bearings. As for feeling the difference, who cares, you're going stance, it's all about the looks, who cares about ride or performance. :p

I would get the ball bearing style though just from a longevity standpoint.
I'm not really sacrificing much by having wide wheels and a bit of camber... But thanks.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I'm not really sacrificing much by having wide wheels and a bit of camber... But thanks.

That depends, haven't said how wide you are going. You stated using a 225/40 tire which is factory size........but you need camber to fit your wheels, which leads me to think massive stretch and decent amount of camber to clear it.

Stretch reduces sidewall strength and performance, so yes, you aren't sacrificing "much", but that's subjective. You ARE sacrificing performance in the name of looks, it's your car and your choice so who cares, but gotta be accurate.

Also, this is the internet, gotta be ready to take some jokes and roll on. ;)

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
OP, the rubber should do. The ball-n-pillow, albeit regarded as better, typically require a clean environment or periodic cleaning.

I know this person (his car in the pics)...and in him trying to fit wider tires and add camber...his wheel arches were ruined when he attempted to tuck the stretched rubber of the same size onto wider wheels. So, he went ahead and cut the arches and added flares and spacers on even wider wheels etc.. Not my thing, but it is for others.

doh1.png

This was before;
doh2.png

Last edited:

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I........well............

nope. Never mind.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Yeah...not for me either. When I first saw his at both morphings....I....I....nope. But that is me thinking of what I like and his project was his.

Mine is low, but I keep it all tucked cleanly so to not rub; 18x8 45et wheels and 225/40.
26402627489_f25165edfb_o (2).jpg

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Okay, thanks to the 1 person that actually answered my question.
Final conclusion; some people like wide body and big wheels and some people like skinny little tucked wheels. Personal preference, no approval required 👍🏼

Good attitude to have. Just do what you like and eff all the haters. I'd go with the pillow mounts since they will be experiencing extra stress and I'd think the poly/rubber would wear out faster

Most of the active members on the forum are not apart of the stance culture. Some can't keep their opinions to themselves so you just gotta brush it off and move on like you did.

I'm not a stance guy but I still have respect for the culture.

Good attitude to have. Just do what you like and eff all the haters. I'd go with the pillow mounts since they will be experiencing extra stress and I'd think the poly/rubber would wear out faster

Most of the active members on the forum are not apart of the stance culture. Some can't keep their opinions to themselves so you just gotta brush it off and move on like you did.

I'm not a stance guy but I still have respect for the culture.
Thanks man, appreciate that

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Okay, thanks to the 1 person that actually answered my question.
Final conclusion; some people like wide body and big wheels and some people like skinny little tucked wheels. Personal preference, no approval required 👍🏼
Exactly...you do you...the passion is yours alone.