GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth Retrofit

ericek565

Ready to race!
Hi, Sorry if I am duplicating a thread. If so please direct me to the correct topic.

So, Recently i upgrated from RCD310 to RNS510
and i would like to add a bluetooth.

I have the harness and i prepare it for the module.
My question is which module is the best. (connectivity and functionality)

Currently i am thinking about 5K0035730B (9ZB/9ZN) According to Ross-Tech UHV-High S1nn/Parrot CK5050+
Second option is 5K0035730B (9ZB) UHV-High

I am planing to add a MFSW will these modules work iOS 14 ?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I have an RCD510, but I think BT modules are compatible. I have a 9w7 and it does everything I need. Some don’t show artist/track info when streaming. There’s a chart somewhere online comparing the features of all the BT modules.

ericek565

Ready to race!
I have an RCD510, but I think BT modules are compatible. I have a 9w7 and it does everything I need. Some don’t show artist/track info when streaming. There’s a chart somewhere online comparing the features of all the BT modules.
I saw the chart that is why i comparkng them because these codes have “???” In description..

Someone said that 9ZB is basically a new 9W7 i dont know if it is true or not . Could you please share the part number ?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Mines been on the car at least 5 years, so it wouldn’t be a newer part #, not sure how helpful it would be. Let me know if you still want it, and I can post up the part # tomorrow.

Obarbus

This is my first post here so i don't know if this is the right place for it. Anyways, I've also just today swaped my old rcd310 for a rcd510 because I wanted more features (hands free calling and reversing camera (maybe soon to be installed) etc.). I didn't do much research into compatability because i thougt all the hardware was in the stereo itself, but no.

I think my golf is prepared for these features I'm looking for as the steering wheel has all the buttons (answer phone call) and so on.

My problem is that there is no bt module in the car, and no wire harness it seems.

Would this be an easy DIY job or is there a lot more to do in order to get it to work?

I would like to mention aswell that old 310 unit had bluetooth built in, even though it didn't support hands free calling.

Might actually ditch the 510 if it would cost to much and go back to 310 if there is newer firmware to make it compatible with hands free and maybe easier to connect to Bluetooth?

Any suggestions?

Attached are screenshots of my rcd510 firmware information.

Attachments

• 20201219_213050.jpg
    20201219_213050.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20201219_205709.jpg
    20201219_205709.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Need a harness and a Bluetooth module. Not much more involved than swapping radios. Need to run the harness from dash area to under passenger seat. Pretty easy with a coat hanger. There’s a write up on myturbodiesel.com or one of the other euro forums. Check google.

ericek565

Ready to race!
For me the Bluetooth retrofit was around 80€.

I bought the bluetooth unit from salvage yard.
And harness and adapter from Aliexpress.

The hardest part is the wiring..most time consuming.