GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

torga

Autocross Champion
Bought a NewSouth boost gauge today, kind of in a bit of a mod spree. Now I just need to buy a boost tap. I wanted to use Integrated Engineering's, but it looks like it's out of stock for the foreseeable future.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Did you get mini filters?

Not sure what kind of hose it comes with (I bought my NewSouth used) but mine came with some that the oil leaked through. Switched to a silicon type of hose and it's no longer an issue.

torga

Autocross Champion
Did you get mini filters?

Not sure what kind of hose it comes with (I bought my NewSouth used) but mine came with some that the oil leaked through. Switched to a silicon type of hose and it's no longer an issue.
It comes with some narrow gauge nylon hose. What hose did you switch to? What are mini filters?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
For electronic gauges they recommend running a small filter to protect the control board. The NS gauge is analog but after I got oil soaking out of the line I added one just in case it was making it up to the gauge. It's a nice gauge and I didn't want to risk getting oil in it and the car. Not sure if the oil would actually travel that far and I haven't checked the filter in a while to see if trapped anything. Did not change the readings of the gauge at all.

I bought these FleeBay Link

The hose was something like this Hose I don't remember the size and I think 10' was not long enough as I ran that silicon hose in the engine bay and to the filter then the rubber hose from the filter to the gauge. I'd have to check my Amazon order for size which I don't have access to at the moment.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Bought a NewSouth boost gauge today, kind of in a bit of a mod spree. Now I just need to buy a boost tap. I wanted to use Integrated Engineering's, but it looks like it's out of stock for the foreseeable future.
I think someone's selling a 42dd tap in classifieds

torga

Autocross Champion
For electronic gauges they recommend running a small filter to protect the control board. The NS gauge is analog but after I got oil soaking out of the line I added one just in case it was making it up to the gauge. It's a nice gauge and I didn't want to risk getting oil in it and the car. Not sure if the oil would actually travel that far and I haven't checked the filter in a while to see if trapped anything. Did not change the readings of the gauge at all.

I bought these FleeBay Link

The hose was something like this Hose I don't remember the size and I think 10' was not long enough as I ran that silicon hose in the engine bay and to the filter then the rubber hose from the filter to the gauge. I'd have to check my Amazon order for size which I don't have access to at the moment.
Thanks for the links! Once my boost gauge comes in I'll take some measurements and figure out what hose size I need.

I think someone's selling a 42dd tap in classifieds
golfmk6 classifieds or FB classifieds? Did a first pass on the forum classifieds and couldn't find the 42DD boost tap.

torga

Autocross Champion
I swear i saw it here but cannot find right meow. sorry dude
Ended up buying a Torque Solutions tap, because it's actually identical to the Integrated Engineering one -- just a different logo. Found it for $25 on fleaBay.

torga

Autocross Champion
Picked these bad boys up today. Mounted and balanced, with certificates, and I got them to price match UroTuning's current sale. Ready to go on the car Monday, in addition to the handful of suspension stuff I've been collecting the last few months.

PXL_20201024_010316293-01.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
I was exhausted after all the work yesterday, and now I'm at work. I'll make a longer post about everything later today, but here's an after pic for y'all.

PXL_20201027_034758302-01.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion