GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Was leaving the post office and an older gentleman in a Dart parks next to me. He gets out and points to the GTI and said how he always loved that body style. He verified it was a Golf and said he bought a Super Bug brand new for 7k back in the day. It was his first VW and new car and he loved it. Asked me what kinda mileage I was getting and said his Dart is about the same (mid 20's). He went into the post office and I was sitting in my car sending an email out. When he came out and got in his car it looked like he had a manual so I asked him if it was and he said no not in my old age but I saw your "Save the Manual" sticker on the back and always loved driving one. I mentioned that I had a VW diesel wagon and he looked confused and said "station wagon! diesel you say". Yeah you can pick them up for a decent price ever since Diesel Gate. He said I'll buy it off you lol. He complimented me on how clean the GTI was and that he liked the sound.

I was in Micheal's (craft store) checking out and the cashier asked me if I had a GTI. I was thinking how does he know that then remembered I had my GTI hat on. I said yeah man a MK6 it's great. He said he was saving up for one and thinks they are really cool. I recommended a MK7 if he can swing the extra money. He asked if I didn't like my MK6 and why a MK7. I mentioned how they worked out all the issues the MK6 had and it responds better to performance mods. I didn't have the GTI at the time but I might stop by with it and see if he is working so he can check it out. Gotta keep the VW love going.

At a light making a left and there is a newer Challenger R/T *Scat Pack in front of me. Before the light turns green he starts doing a mini burnout (looked like he might have had a line lock or something). He kinda drifts the turn so I follow. Traction control was on and it was a cool night so I'm spinning and bogging down. He gets a few cars ahead and slows it down for a right hand turn. I turn traction control off and follow around the turn. He puts the hammer down and I'm still struggling for traction. I stayed about a solid 2 cars behind up into 4th when we shut it down. LSD would have been great.

G35 or 37. He sees me pull out of a parking lot and slows down till we are even. I hear him down shift it a few times and he kinda waits for me. I'm thinking okay buddy, and take off in 3rd. Walked away in a hurry and slowed down to let him catch up a bit then rolled into the throttle and walked away again.

Rolled up on a Civic Si while he was in the left lane. He down shifted and floored it as I was coming by. I was like Okay, down shifted and flew by him. He was done playing after that.

*Edit: It was a Scat Pack R/T with the big boy engine.
What type of crafts are you making sonny boy?
Also, super bug was actually the super beetle. Was the first vw with McPherson struts. The more you know!
My old neighbor was telling me about her first bug yesterday. Said she bought it brand new late 60s and split the 2k cost between her mom and sister!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Your KO4 correct?
My sons girl friend has one of these, I think like 320hp stock

Correct, Unitronic K04.

They are heavy for what they are (4000lbs). This one had some balls so idk what he had done. Had a license plate bracket that said “lol V8’s”.

I’m thinking a Stratified or APR tune would have taken him

What type of crafts are you making sonny boy?
Also, super bug was actually the super beetle. Was the first vw with McPherson struts. The more you know!
My old neighbor was telling me about her first bug yesterday. Said she bought it brand new late 60s and split the 2k cost between her mom and sister!

I forget what we were getting, was there with the fam. Probably crochet stuff.

I didn’t know that!! Guy I work with had a white Super Beetle when he was a kid. He said he loved it. Cheap to buy and maintain plus reliable. That’s when packet change could fill the tank up.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Hey man! You ever get your tune and car sorted?
Hahaha almost. Waiting on that Black Friday tune sale and then it'll be good to go. I've been trying not to touch anything since it's now my "reliable daily" as I've taken on a new project that has stopped working after a month of ownership lol.

Got a 2003 Honda CBR 600RR and it was mind blowing how effortlessly fast it was. Ran great last Tuesday on a 60mi trip. Went to start it Wednesday, no cigar. Been chasing whatever caused it, thinking it's a fueling issue. Gonna try to test compression this weekend. I've checked all the electronics/battery/relays/fuses etc. Fuel pump primes, topped off the gas and oil just in case. Pretty annoying!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
How's your setup been running man? Haven't been on here in a hot minute haha.

Yeah man haven’t seen you on here in a awhile. It’s been running great. Super smooth and reliable. I think I may end up picking an access port up at some point tho. I’d like to try a Stratified tune plus I’d like to add water/meth and Uni doesn’t do much of that.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Yeah man haven’t seen you on here in a awhile. It’s been running great. Super smooth and reliable. I think I may end up picking an access port up at some point tho. I’d like to try a Stratified tune plus I’d like to add water/meth and Uni doesn’t do much of that.
I've been looking into SneekyTuned a lot lately. They seem to make some faaaast rides man, give them a look. Although, they do charge a little bit more, those YT vids don't lie!

Glad to hear man, luckily my hack-job of an installation is still running great as well hahaha. Once you get the AP you'll ask yourself why you didn't get one sooner ;)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I've been looking into SneekyTuned a lot lately. They seem to make some faaaast rides man, give them a look. Although, they do charge a little bit more, those YT vids don't lie!

Glad to hear man, luckily my hack-job of an installation is still running great as well hahaha. Once you get the AP you'll ask yourself why you didn't get one sooner ;)

Hey you did it in a freaking parking garage...that’s next level shit Lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I've been looking into SneekyTuned a lot lately. They seem to make some faaaast rides man, give them a look...those YT vids don't lie!

Okay yeah might go with Sneaky now 😆.

There is definitely some more power there I’m only pushing 18-20 pounds.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
They are heavy for what they are (4000lbs). This one had some balls so idk what he had done. Had a license plate bracket that said “lol V8’s”.

I keep planning to get a sticker for my back glass (along with all the others lol) that says "Sorry about your V8". Everytime I'm at the track at least one guy asks me what I've got in the R after a session I passed them, and when I tell them it's 400+ HP they are just open mouthed in shock. They're shocked by the TTRS as well but not as much LMAO guess it's the hatchback that confuses them.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Had some fun with a C6 Vette. Not sure if he wasn't really trying cause from a roll he was not keeping up while he was behind me. Did a high 3rd gear to the top of 4th pull and I was gaining. We went from a dig at a light and he put some cars on me while I just spun with zero traction on my winter setup @ 32 degrees outside. First time playing with a Vette but I don't think he was opening her up all the way.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Had some fun with a C6 Vette. Not sure if he wasn't really trying cause from a roll he was not keeping up while he was behind me. Did a high 3rd gear to the top of 4th pull and I was gaining. We went from a dig at a light and he put some cars on me while I just spun with zero traction on my winter setup @ 32 degrees outside. First time playing with a Vette but I don't think he was opening her up all the way.
I would say no, I have ran a few and the only one I pulled was an mid 90s model

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Waiting at the light to merge onto the highway. I see a Pontiac G8 a few cars in front. Vanity plate reads LAGLESS :sneaky:. We get on the highway and he wants to play. He gets beside me in the left lane and slows it down to 40-50 and is waiting for me to take the hit. I'm in 3rd and punch it. He hangs on for a second or 2 until that K04 boost catches up and then it’s by by 👋.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Waiting at the light to merge onto the highway. I see a Pontiac G8 a few cars in front. Vanity plate reads LAGLESS :sneaky:. We get on the highway and he wants to play. He gets beside me in the left lane and slows it down to 40-50 and is waiting for me to take the hit. I'm in 3rd and punch it. He hangs on for a second or 2 until that K04 boost catches up and then it’s by by 👋.
Lol I hate those