GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Vic_MKVI

Go Kart Newbie
RSB is one of my favorite mods for sure.
Been wanting to snag a FSB but haven’t due to dropping the subframe for it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
So what mods ~ Black Friday deals are people looking forward to? I’ve haven’t participated for the last 4-5 years due to saving money. But now that I have the means to I am finally looking forward to it. I’m Looking into snagging some racingline stud conversions & maybe some detailing products :D

If you don't have a tune then tune it!!!

Vic_MKVI

Go Kart Newbie
Stage 2 already but I would consider the TCU tune. Always held off until I installed a ko4 in the future

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 already but I would consider the TCU tune. Always held off until I installed a ko4 in the future

Stage 2 is a good place to be. Don’t know anything about the TCU tune.

If you have upgraded mounts and pendulum arm then I might go RSB too.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 is a good place to be. Don’t know anything about the TCU tune.

If you have upgraded mounts and pendulum arm then I might go RSB too.
I might have to get the pendulum arm. I think I’m slowly destroying all my mounts with the K04 lmao

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Get those fancy 2nd gen bfi mounts for $500 then report back thanks

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Dropping the front subframe really isn’t so bad. It looks more difficult than it is.
Actually wondering on this because something I'm considering doing myself eventually. Do you need to support subframe when you drop it, or can you just carefully lower it right to ground?

Vic_MKVI

Go Kart Newbie
I might have to get the pendulum arm. I think I’m slowly destroying all my mounts with the K04 lmao

I have the stage 1 BFI (v.1) engine, trans, and insert set up running with the APR pendulum mount. You won’t be disappointed, unless you’re not into some added cabin NVH.
Side note ~ I’ll be adding the VWR pucks soon when I do actually drop the subframe w/ prob do the FSB too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Actually wondering on this because something I'm considering doing myself eventually. Do you need to support subframe when you drop it, or can you just carefully lower it right to ground?
It's pretty light so it's easy to handle with a regular floor jack. When I did mine I unbolted the entire assembly, control arms and all (I removed the nuts connecting the ball joints to the arms), and just lowered it as far as I needed to.

Because there are a number of bolts involved the key is to be slow and methodical, but there's nothing particularly challenging involved. I've had mine down a couple of times over the years and personally I find it easier to do than replacing all the brake rotors.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
It's pretty light so it's easy to handle with a regular floor jack. When I did mine I unbolted the entire assembly, control arms and all (I removed the nuts connecting the ball joints to the arms), and just lowered it as far as I needed to.

Because there are a number of bolts involved the key is to be slow and methodical, but there's nothing particularly challenging involved. I've had mine down a couple of times over the years and personally I find it easier to do than replacing all the brake rotors.
It’s easy because you’re a mk6 wizard.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
If you are dropping the subframe you might as well get a subframe deadest kit, IMO.

It will need one, eventually.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I have an APR one and it helps keep everything nice and tight. Didn't really add an NVH wither. The insert added the most.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
If you are dropping the subframe you might as well get a subframe deadest kit, IMO.

It will need one, eventually.
Big oof, I think I’m finally reaching this point now that I’ve crossed over the 100k mi mark. Heard some mysterious popping/clunking over bumps recently.
I have an APR one and it helps keep everything nice and tight. Didn't really add an NVH wither. The insert added the most.
Glad to hear this. I’ll add it to my never ending list of future mods to get lol