GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Decided to hold on it for a bit since I'm not 100% sure how it would shift in the city and I prefer the shorter shift in the city and longer on the highway. So I'm deciding to just shift in triptronic mode when I want the longer shifts for now.
Ok,
Change of mind lol, I did it, full stage 1. Shifts feel way smoother and crisper. Rpm now goes up to 6800 and has an interesting sound with the stock exhaust. Don't really have a place that I can just floor it though. Might take a ride up towards mono or rattlesnake point tonight.

Btw it only effects the manual and sport mode it seems, shifts are a bit longer in drive but still in that goldilocks zone of perfect length on city streets.
How how was the transmission tune again? Now that I'm thinking about it for my auto😂

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok,

How how was the transmission tune again? Now that I'm thinking about it for my auto😂
Ended up testing it near Kelso.

So after driving on it for just under a week I can tell you the difference. First and foremost I wouldn't necessarily pay full price for it. It changes the max shift point in manual mode to 6800 in stage 1 and 7200 in stage 2. The car no longer auto shifts at the max. Now for the good part though, drive and sport mode. Overall the shift is way smoother and more crisp/faster than before. I get about 500-700 higher rpm while driving in normal and 1000-1500 higher in sport. If you put the pedal to the floor the sport mode will go up to about 6000 before shift but feels way better. I was able to go 20-100kmh uphill (sixth line and Campbellville road) in about 7 sec (sport mode didn't try manual). Overall the car is better to drive but not worth the $299usd price tag for the transmission tune.

Would love to hear 6800 rpm out of a eurojet exhaust cause right now I sound like a fucking bumblebee at the rpm lol.

The only thing I can think to make this car feel better now is an exhaust and a turbo lol

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Ended up testing it near Kelso.

So after driving on it for just under a week I can tell you the difference. First and foremost I wouldn't necessarily pay full price for it. It changes the max shift point in manual mode to 6800 in stage 1 and 7200 in stage 2. The car no longer auto shifts at the max. Now for the good part though, drive and sport mode. Overall the shift is way smoother and more crisp/faster than before. I get about 500-700 higher rpm while driving in normal and 1000-1500 higher in sport. If you put the pedal to the floor the sport mode will go up to about 6000 before shift but feels way better. I was able to go 20-100kmh uphill (sixth line and Campbellville road) in about 7 sec (sport mode didn't try manual). Overall the car is better to drive but not worth the $299usd price tag for the transmission tune.

Would love to hear 6800 rpm out of a eurojet exhaust cause right now I sound like a fucking bumblebee at the rpm lol.

The only thing I can think to make this car feel better now is an exhaust and a turbo lol
I wish the tune could be cheaper, maybe 200CAD😂😂, wouldn't mind having it at that price point.

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Cam, did I miss something ? Did you get and install the IE Short Runner Intake Manifold ?

Nope, but I did get the ecu stage 1 and the TCU tune. Thing feels amazing now. Wanna do a eurojet exhaust eventually and the intake manifold. But partner said I'm banned from spending more on the car. I still need to fix the headlight housing and my rear suspension and rear brakes.

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
recently got the United Motorsport stg 1 tune and couldn't be happier to get rid of that stupid rev hang. this is how the car should have came from the factory.
also ordered the Spulen vacuum pump delete kit, USP intake and plugs/coilpacks to install once all the parts show up.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
recently got the United Motorsport stg 1 tune and couldn't be happier to get rid of that stupid rev hang. this is how the car should have came from the factory.
also ordered the Spulen vacuum pump delete kit, USP intake and plugs/coilpacks to install once all the parts show up.
Love my UM tune!

Do the valve cover gasket and PCV while you're doing coils and plugs. Cheap preventative maintenance and peace of mind!

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Love my UM tune!

Do the valve cover gasket and PCV while you're doing coils and plugs. Cheap preventative maintenance and peace of mind!
Are there particular parts you would suggest for the PCV? I've read that the cheap replacements for just the PCV don't seem to hold up

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Are there particular parts you would suggest for the PCV? I've read that the cheap replacements for just the PCV don't seem to hold up
I've done it twice....I think I've used both a Febi and a Dorman. I didn't have any tears or issues with either.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
I've done it twice....I think I've used both a Febi and a Dorman. I didn't have any tears or issues with either.
Hey, I just got these Eds Replica off someone. They are brand new and never installed. Any tips for me before I install them in the spring😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-000643.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-000643.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 76

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
U Hey, I just got these Eds Replica off someone. They are brand new and never installed. Any tips for me before I install them in the spring😁
Nice score Vinnie. The guy who re-wired my Audi seats did my OEM Bi xenons because of the coding and the 14-10 pin adapter. I think the hardest part for you will be the bumper. These are plug and play right?

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Nice score Vinnie. The guy who re-wired my Audi seats did my OEM Bi xenons because of the coding and the 14-10 pin adapter. I think the hardest part for you will be the bumper. These are plug and play right?
Thanks. Yes, they are plug and play. I'm just a bit worry about have to do the coding for LED DRL. Can you pm me how much you paid to have them installed and coded?