GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Failing Waterpump Extended Warranty suit...

supraeazy

Passed Driver's Ed
I as well submitted my documents and got back a claim denial form. I was informed it was because I had provided no cooling system maintenance records. I stated said maintenance intervals didnt exist. So I sent in the declaration basically explaing that and last I heard they still denied my claim. Im guessing because I simply wrote "VW does not recommend cooling system maintenance for my vehicle" instead of sending in a copy of the service interval chart or whatever.

So basically Im supposed to wait to receive something in the mail and go from there, but im sticking to my guns, for our vehicles in particular there is no maintenance interval for the cooling system. The fact that they didnt realize its not applicable to most of the vehicles included is beyond me.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Incredible. VWoA never fails to disappoint.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Does anybody have the service intervals from the book that came with the car they could scan? I don't have the car anymore and can't find it online. I figure showing that VW provided a maintenance schedule with no mention of maintenance to cooling system should suffice.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Here you go.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2012/MC-10072614-5448.pdf

Says to "Check coolant level" every 40k. Did you check your coolant level? LOL That's not really a 'service' but I'm wondering if they are requiring proof of you having the 40k service from a dealer.

Thanks! How did you get this? I looked around that site but couldn't fine a 2011 version. Even though I know the 2012 is the same, I know lawyers could easily say that since the service interval booklet isn't for 2011 it doesn't apply to my car.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Thanks! How did you get this? I looked around that site but couldn't fine a 2011 version. Even though I know the 2012 is the same, I know lawyers could easily say that since the service interval booklet isn't for 2011 it doesn't apply to my car.

That is weird, I just googled 2012 gti maintenance schedule and it's the second result. I looked at this thread quick and didn't notice you had a 2011.......if you Google 2011 gti maintenance schedule nothing from that site comes up. There's no way to menu back to the core site, that's just a link to an archived PDF. I'm not good enough with HTML/CSS code to drive it back to the source. They do for 2017 and 2019 ironically if you search mk6.....it's like it has ADHD.

Maybe call your dealer and see if they can print you something, if it's officially branded from a VW dealer it should be more than good enough.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I was able to find the link below by googling "2011 gti maintenance card", hopefully this helps some of ya'll too because it has maintenance cards for various VW's from 2000 - 2016. Although none are specific to GTI, they do say something like "2011 Volkswagen Maintenance Schedule For USA All Models except Routan" so this should be ok, but who knows with lawyers. Will still be on the lookout for a 2011 GTI-specific maintenance card.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...ance-schedule-for-your-vw-pdfs-inside.372242/

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Does any of this water pump warranty stuff translate over to us Canadians?

This one is specific to VWGoA (VW Group of America), I don't think it applies to Canadian models.

stradovinski

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder if anyone has been paid from this. I got rejected because they said I didn't submit proof that I owned the vehicle smh. They had all my service records. Do they think I stop by at car dealers getting other people's cars fixed?

So I sent in copies of the paperwork of when I bought it, and when I traded it in. About a month and a half later I called to check the status and all I could get out of them was that they had received the new documentation.

This payout process might end up being slower than the court system.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if anyone has been paid from this. I got rejected because they said I didn't submit proof that I owned the vehicle smh. They had all my service records. Do they think I stop by at car dealers getting other people's cars fixed?

So I sent in copies of the paperwork of when I bought it, and when I traded it in. About a month and a half later I called to check the status and all I could get out of them was that they had received the new documentation.

This payout process might end up being slower than the court system.

They also said I didn't submit proof that I owned the car, so I just sent the purchase agreement from when the car was new and the closest registration renewal receipt to when the water pump failed. I figure this is like insurance, where they hope you get tired of submitting paperwork, or don't have proof, so they don't pay you, so I'm not stopping lol.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I just got a letter today after submitting the additional paperwork for the notice of deficiency stating my claim has been denied because my response didn't provide a remedy for the described deficiencies, which were that I needed supporting documentation that I owned the vehicle and that I adhered to the vehicle maintenance schedule related to the function of the coolant system. They didn't say which of the 2 wasn't remedy the deficiency but they're both a bunch of BS.

The letter says if I disagree I can request an attorney review of the administrative determination of my claim, which I will obviously do.

Just got a check in the mail today 😁 so be on the lookout and maybe call to check your status.

Was the only deficiency the ownership of your car? I submitted proof of when I bought the car new, various registration renewals, and when I sold the car + the maintenance schedule which only says to check the coolant level and maintenance receipts.

stradovinski

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got a letter today after submitting the additional paperwork for the notice of deficiency stating my claim has been denied because my response didn't provide a remedy for the described deficiencies, which were that I needed supporting documentation that I owned the vehicle and that I adhered to the vehicle maintenance schedule related to the function of the coolant system. They didn't say which of the 2 wasn't remedy the deficiency but they're both a bunch of BS.

The letter says if I disagree I can request an attorney review of the administrative determination of my claim, which I will obviously do.

Was the only deficiency the ownership of your car? I submitted proof of when I bought the car new, various registration renewals, and when I sold the car + the maintenance schedule which only says to check the coolant level and maintenance receipts.
Yes that was the only deficiency. I sent in copies of the original purchase order, and one where I traded it in from 2018. I didn't send any registration paperwork...I couldn't find any.

Other than that I had sent in all the maintenance/repair receipts that I still had when I originally filed.

So it sounds like you did everything I did. Sorry they are giving you a hard time. I assume it's on the maintenance side that they are continuing to deny it (you sent more than I did for proof of ownership). If you have any additional receipts at all for anything repair related, I would send it to them.

Best of luck!

oomaxse

Let me get this straight... if anything related to your extended warranty part breaks and causes further damage to your engine - it is then VWGoA will pay for partial tier repairs?

Been calling dealers around me since I'm within the mileage and time stipulation but they need to diagnose it as broken or it isn't covered. Car runs fine but its a ticking time bomb!