GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
The weather was nice today. I shop-vacced a bunch of water out of my passenger side floor boards and poured some water to test my sunroof drain. It’s DEFINITELY not clogged. It immediately poured into the interior exactly the same way that I have seen it when it was raining. So I need to figure out how to address that. 🙄

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
ecs rear spoiler cover and rear diffuser
1614196725396.png
1614196740900.png

torga

Autocross Champion

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Years ago I had a sunroof that leaked. I have since sworn off of them. Tin roofs FTW. Phur I hope you can figure this out.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great!
I'm looking at installing both of these eventually. Their designs are perfectly OEM+, imo.
they are, however the rear diffuser needed some trimming on the ends, and one of the clips broke. for best fit I found the bracket needed pushed forward as much as possible so it pulled the cover in (it replaces the factory piece). the trimming was done on the ends, i just flushed it with the bumper cover so it didnt overhang into the wheel well... took less than a minute and looks like is it supposed to.

The spoiler piece was a near perfect fit, no complaints there for what it is.

I did try their front splitter, it fit like shit, and the holes they wanted you to drill were not possible... they let me return it, so well seee once i get refunded. Looking at a maxton splitter instead, that mounts underneath, so any holes wont be noticed.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
The weather was nice today. I shop-vacced a bunch of water out of my passenger side floor boards and poured some water to test my sunroof drain. It’s DEFINITELY not clogged. It immediately poured into the interior exactly the same way that I have seen it when it was raining. So I need to figure out how to address that. 🙄

Might need a new drain tube, better that it's a front one than a rear one.

torga

Autocross Champion
they are, however the rear diffuser needed some trimming on the ends, and one of the clips broke. for best fit I found the bracket needed pushed forward as much as possible so it pulled the cover in (it replaces the factory piece). the trimming was done on the ends, i just flushed it with the bumper cover so it didnt overhang into the wheel well... took less than a minute and looks like is it supposed to.

The spoiler piece was a near perfect fit, no complaints there for what it is.

I did try their front splitter, it fit like shit, and the holes they wanted you to drill were not possible... they let me return it, so well seee once i get refunded. Looking at a maxton splitter instead, that mounts underneath, so any holes wont be noticed.
I have a basic under-mount splitter from a Mk7R. No idea if it'll end up fitting, but it was only $30 off Craigslist so I figured it's worth a try to mod it for fitment.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I have a basic under-mount splitter from a Mk7R. No idea if it'll end up fitting, but it was only $30 off Craigslist so I figured it's worth a try to mod it for fitment.
probably wont fit well, but I do know the mk7 rear window is almost the exact same, when installed there is a 1/4 gap along the sides, curve and fit is the same.

torga

Autocross Champion
probably wont fit well, but I do know the mk7 rear window is almost the exact same, when installed there is a 1/4 gap along the sides, curve and fit is the same.
Yep, definitely not expecting it to fit without modification. Worth a shot.

torga

Autocross Champion
Damn... that's gonna be a sexy car when finished.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Damn... that's gonna be a sexy car when finished.

Just waiting on the wheels to get here. Then it'll be lowered with wheels. Good start for Golf R V1 for me. Debating getting some aero but may not be able to swing it before we head out for Wookies in the Woods in April.