GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I cleaned up my CC set up a bit, switched out the 90 degree barb for a straight one and buttoned some stuff up. Im including pics in case anyone else is interested in piecing together their own system.

Cap the port on the back of the PCV with a 5/8 cap, its low pressure so no clamp needed.

Also used a 3/4 to 5/8 reducer to convert stock line to the 5/8 braided:

Cap the port on the manifold as well. This side sees high pressure so ziptie or clamp:

As an addendum, I did not cut or hack anything from the stock system. When temps go below freezing I can just reconnect the stock set up.

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Decided to paint my red unibrace rb. To match the unibrace ub

Attachments

• PXL_20210418_155027607~2.jpg
    PXL_20210418_155027607~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I washed a bitch

Getting her ready for new wheels this week.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Early in the week, I felt a quick shudder/misfire on the highway. Just super quick, almost like the slight decel you feel when hitting a decent, shallow puddle during a good rain. Wasn't doing anything crazy, just maintaining ~65mph. I kept monitoring throughout the week and it only happened one more time.
So this weekend, I did the EZPZ stuff to address any potential issue -- I changed plugs for a fresh set of NGK BKR7EIX, cleaned the MAF and cleaned the air filter. If I feel the misfire again, I'll turn my attention to coils.
Did you check the gap on the old plugs? Mine started misfiring while WOT about a year ago so I checked the plugs and the gap was probably 3x what it shoulda been. New plugs and it felt like a brand new car.

I also put down a deposit on a Nostrum big bore HPFP kit that comes with injectors too. Its new in box and I got a decent amount off so I figured i'd pull the trigger on it even though it'll be sitting in the box for months before I need it. Should provide enough fueling for my goals so I don't need to rely heavily on WMI to get the power I want.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just bought some new wheels. I don't think the order will actually get fulfilled though because every other website says they are out of stock nationwide with a 4-8 week backorder. I'm hoping that they just leave my order in and then ship them when they are available because I got them for 36% off which is pretty nice.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Right after I posted that they called me saying the wheels, Enkei T6S, were being discontinued so I couldn't even wait for them to come back in stock. Instead he was able to get me a pretty good deal on a set of Rotiform Six's. I know Rotiform and performance don't really go hand in hand with eachother, but I figured i'm not good enough of a driver to have that really matter too much at the moment. If it ever does then i'll move onto a more performance oriented wheel.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Right after I posted that they called me saying the wheels, Enkei T6S, were being discontinued so I couldn't even wait for them to come back in stock. Instead he was able to get me a pretty good deal on a set of Rotiform Six's. I know Rotiform and performance don't really go hand in hand with eachother, but I figured i'm not good enough of a driver to have that really matter too much at the moment. If it ever does then i'll move onto a more performance oriented wheel.
i have Enkei TSP6 as my winter set, 17's. love them. tire rack carries/distributes them

smanierre

Autocross Champion
i have Enkei TSP6 as my winter set, 17's. love them. tire rack carries/distributes them
I was looking for just 6 single spokes, easier to clean I just like that look a alot. Ideally I coulda gotten some TE37s, but I didn't feel like taking out another mortgage.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Did you check the gap on the old plugs? Mine started misfiring while WOT about a year ago so I checked the plugs and the gap was probably 3x what it shoulda been. New plugs and it felt like a brand new car.
Yeah, they were all 0.028"-0.030", so not bad. Nothing wrong with how they wore either -- they looked pretty healthy.

After replacing the plugs and cleaning the air filter and MAF, I haven't had the same misfiring again. I threw in a can of Liqui Moly Jectron yesterday because why not.

This weekend or next, I'm gonna test fit the TT-RS calipers to decide if I'm gonna go with the stock 370mm rotors or if I'm gonna get the VAGbremtechnic brackets to run them with Golf R rotors.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ah ok. Figured since rpf1 was on the table that 12 spoke was cool
I'm not a huge fan of how they look, they're more there just for performance reasons due to their weight. I also realized I might have to get shorter studs since the rotiforms have a center cap on them and my studs/lugs may stick out too much for it to fit on