GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever ship rear seats before?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I just sorta kinda bought a 2000 Honda Prelude that I most certainly don’t need. It’s been in the family for a while and I want to keep it in the family.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Plans for it?

Idk, I was looking at all the avenues I could go down and they all net something slower then the GTI for hella money lol. So for that reason I think I’ll keep it stockish and not go to crazy with it. Rebuild the H22 that’s in it (180k miles on it) and go from there. The GTI fills all my automotive desires but I can’t escape my love of JDM.

My dad and stepmom came across it for sale by owner many years ago. My stepmom actually convinced my dad to buy it because she always thought they were fun little cars and it was a 5 speed. She daily drove it for a while then gave it to my little brother when he was in HS. He took it to college and eventually bought a bug eye WRX so my dad was daily driving it for the past few years. He just bought a Kia Forte GT manual as a retirement gift to himself so he is selling the Lude.

It’s stock other then coilovers and an HKS exhaust. 5 speed and VTEC 🏎

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Idk, I was looking at all the avenues I could go down and they all net something slower then the GTI for hella money lol. So for that reason I think I’ll keep it stockish and not go to crazy with it. Rebuild the H22 that’s in it (180k miles on it) and go from there. The GTI fills all my automotive desires but I can’t escape my love of JDM.

My dad and stepmom came across it for sale by owner many years ago. My stepmom actually convinced my dad to buy it because she always thought they were fun little cars and it was a 5 speed. She daily drove it for a while then gave it to my little brother when he was in HS. He took it to college and eventually bought a bug eye WRX so my dad was daily driving it for the past few years. He just bought a Kia Forte GT manual as a retirement gift to himself so he is selling the Lude.

Wheels, stance, and clean paint. All you really need right?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
When do you install? I love my splitter from them.

Dunno. Easy enough to do yourself? I'm pressed for time lately so was going to have someone else do it with the side skirts. I'm supposed to be moving in ~3 weeks so car stuff isn't a super high priority but I'd like it done before Helen.

I just sorta kinda bought a 2000 Honda Prelude that I most certainly don’t need. It’s been in the family for a while and I want to keep it in the family.

Misread your original post as a Honda Insight for some reason. I was confused when you said coilovers and exhaust on an Insight. lol

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Dunno. Easy enough to do yourself? I'm pressed for time lately so was going to have someone else do it with the side skirts. I'm supposed to be moving in ~3 weeks so car stuff isn't a super high priority but I'd like it done before Helen.

Misread your original post as a Honda Insight for some reason. I was confused when you said coilovers and exhaust on an Insight. lol
It's a few hours, biggest pain is getting the bumper off, really. Because for me I wasn't looking to bust any clips.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Wheels, stance, and clean paint. All you really need right?

That is true. By today’s standards it is not a quick car but I do love a well stanced Honda and since the GTI is my racecar that might be best route for the lude

Lol this actually crossed my mind. Throw some NOS at it until she blows before doing a rebuild.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
That is true. By today’s standards it is not a quick car but I do love a well stanced Honda and since the GTI is my racecar that might be best route for the lude

Lol this actually crossed my mind. Through some NOS at it until she blows before doing a rebuild.
if you REALLY love this car and have 40k to burn, you could do a electric motor swap to make it a streetlight sleeper....