GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Autocross is a good time and great way to learn how to drive better. Only thing that sucks is being there all day long and getting ~8 mins of seat time.

That’s why I have yet to go. It’s all day event and from what I have read you help setup and tear down.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Reported for not posting in the official recipe thread.

Might pick up some stuff to grill, not sure what.

Recipe. I substituted cheddar for pepperjack. and made a double batch / two loaves. And some mashed taters.

20210529_210209.jpg

Phur

Autocross Champion

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Yep you will be slow and make mistakes but with time you will get better. And yes leaving the ego at home is the best thing you can do for yourself.
I know my local group is really good for helping out the new guys so don't be afraid to ask for some help or a ridealong from a seasoned autcrosser. Most guys have no problem with people riding along for some runs and it's a really good way to learn how to be faster on the course. I feel like your R will do really well out there

Sounds good I think I got a small group of 3 people who want to get into it as well as novices which I think will help encourage me to go cause I hate going to shit on my own, lol

Autocross is a good time and great way to learn how to drive better. Only thing that sucks is being there all day long and getting ~8 mins of seat time.

Damn really? I thought it was mostly like an early morning to afternoon kinda thing. Doesn't matter much either way just wish seat time was longer.

That’s why I have yet to go. It’s all day event and from what I have read you help setup and tear down.

Gotta pay to race and set up and tear down the event, lol

Phur

Autocross Champion
At the end of the day any item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Technically, according to the market at the time, I overpaid for my GTI when I got it. But at the time, I couldn’t find the color, mileage and options that I was seeking and this one really was in like new condition. It still very much made sense for me at that price.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
You're comparing the market for regular used cars to the market for enthusiast-owned and sought-after cars.
and non-enthusiasts or those just dipping their toes might not know any better. i see plenty of non-enthusiast types driving R's lately. they think Golf R is a trim package level with AWD added in.