GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thanks. $44 for a 6 pack. They are 4 foot long and can be linked together. Super easy to hang. They are so light you don’t need drywall screws or studs. I’ll be ordering more for the back half and probably some for the walls for detailing and working on brakes and suspension stuff.

(Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 2200lm, 6500K (Super Bright White), 20W, Utility Shop Light, Ceiling and Under Cabinet Light, Corded electric with built-in ON/OFF switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBT3BV...abc_M0P2ASB6PHPP1F7TC0H0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Wait so the back half isn't lit up?
So it's business in the front, and almost a party in the back?

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
Added light so I could see her better!!

Before View attachment 216281

After:
View attachment 216282

Need to do something with the cord and finish cleaning up/organizing the garage. Now I can see WTF I’m doing tho. Oh and hang a new blind cause that thing is wrecked.
this makes me excited for mine. the shop I work at is u[pgrading their lighting and I get to keep the old shop lights

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
after measuring the lumens on the "garage bulbs" you see on amazon, a year ago i went with two of these per socket, and 100w eq. bulbs from costco. around 4500 real lumens per base, bulbs cost 24 bucks, y-adapters were like 9 bucks... so 33 dollars total (for three light bases). I measured a 6k lumen light from amazon, only put out around 2500 ... i def. recommend the y-adapter method for anyone wanting cheap, bright, reliable light.
1623336478238.png
1623336951410.png

costco has a two pack of these now for like 35 bucks... not bad, and they probably produce the lumens stated, my setup is still cheaper, and more easy to replace as needed.
1623336693731.png

Last edited:

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
for my shop i picked up 6 of these hi bay lights for about 55 bucks each! about 21k lumens a piece, so eq to about 78 100w bulbs, lol... plenty bright

1623337063601.png

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Thanks. $44 for a 6 pack. They are 4 foot long and can be linked together. Super easy to hang. They are so light you don’t need drywall screws or studs. I’ll be ordering more for the back half and probably some for the walls for detailing and working on brakes and suspension stuff.

(Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 2200lm, 6500K (Super Bright White), 20W, Utility Shop Light, Ceiling and Under Cabinet Light, Corded electric with built-in ON/OFF switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBT3BV...abc_M0P2ASB6PHPP1F7TC0H0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Oh man, I am ordering some of these soon!! In my garage it doesn't matter how bright the bulb is, it's a single bulb and it's near the back wall, so good luck seeing anything up front. I was about to daisy chain extension cords to hang a few HF single bar LEDs but this is so much better!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Wait so the back half isn't lit up?
So it's business in the front, and almost a party in the back?

Yessir! Billy Ray Cyrus style 🤘. The back half has no lights. It’s deeper then it is wider I’ll probably do another 6 T5 setup back there since it was so easy. Probably just tap into the garage door outlet so I don’t need to run power and instal receptacles/keyless’s

after measuring the lumens on the "garage bulbs" you see on amazon, a year ago i went with two of these per socket, and 100w eq. bulbs from costco. around 4500 real lumens per base, bulbs cost 24 bucks, y-adapters were like 9 bucks... so 33 dollars total. I measured a 6k lumen light from amazon, only put out around 2500
View attachment 216323View attachment 216329

costco has a two pack of these now for like 35 bucks... not bad, and they probably produce the lumens stated, my setup is still cheaper, and more easy to replace as needed.
View attachment 216328

I almost went with them. They look like a solid option for adding light too. Like Joe said about the technology it has come such a long way. There is no reason someone should be working in the dark.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I almost went with them. They look like a solid option for adding light too. Like Joe said about the technology it has come such a long way. There is no reason someone should be working in the dark.
exactly! any for anyone in cold regions, dont mess with flourescent warm up. LED's are awesome in the winter! Bright light is cheap now

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I finally broke down and ordered a set of center caps for the Enkei Raijins that were supposed to be "track only" but wound up living on the car 7-8 months of the year.

The Enkei caps? or did you manage to find a set of VW Logo caps that fit the Enkeis?

Thumper

Autocross Champion

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
The Enkei caps? or did you manage to find a set of VW Logo caps that fit the Enkeis?
I bought the Enkei Flat Caps shown in the picture. I bought these wheels used and they didn't come with any caps. I've run them without caps for almost 2 years.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Looks nice and healthy

here is one of my old ones:

1623369123356.png

Last edited: