GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burger motorsports

ashbro11

Hey guys, im looking at getting a JB4 tune, however i cant seem to find any information about it for a Mk6 Golf R. any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
https://burgertuning.com/collection...13-vw-mk6-2-0tsi-gti-r-gli-cc-s3-tiguan-mk1-2

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 12.48.17 PM.png

ashbro11

Yea, so I'm aware they make them for a mk6 R. I just can't find anything about other people owning it and like it or not

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Ohh. That’s cause most people go flashed ECU tune route

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Darn, for the most part I don't want to do what most people do. Maybe I'll bit the bullet and see what happens

The Emkay 7 guys like them so you’re probably okay. I don’t think the increases are as high as with a ECU tune and that’s why I didn’t go that route. I can’t remember it’s been a while.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The Emkay 7 guys like them so you’re probably okay. I don’t think the increases are as high as with a ECU tune and that’s why I didn’t go that route. I can’t remember it’s been a while.

These tuner boxes are big in the BMW world, different ECU design of course, etc but yeah indirect control can never achieve the same result as direct access.

I'm no stranger to doing things different and finding new solutions, but usually that is in trying to find a better way. I'm not sure what the point is of saying "Yeah, I see everyone else does this for power gains, but I am going to do something else and make less power for the same or more money......." I mean, the biggest selling point of the tuner boxes is warranty........cars are 8+ years old..........lol

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I have a JB4 on my mk7. It has a lot of great benefits outside of maintaining warranty.

- cheaper

- you can always sell it or transfer it to a different car.

-it offers live data logging.

-reads and clears faults.

-customizable gauges on the phone app to watch boost psi, AFR etc

-ability to change tunes on the fly

-ability to custom map your own 'tune' or copy some else's and save it

-built in W/M and e85

It's actually a pretty trick unit. My mk7 runs Map 2 out the box and it adds 7 extra psi. 100 HP and 75 TQ gain over stock is no joke and easily achieved. Lots of dudes run E30 blends with it and hit awesome numbers.

A tune from a pro vendor like unitronic or apr will always be "better" but there are some cool things with these boxes.

Oh and you can piggy back these boxes on top of pro tunes. So if the apr tune gives you +5 psi you can use the jb4 to add another +5.

This is my experience on the MQB platform which is a little different FWIW

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I have a JB4 on my mk7. It has a lot of great benefits outside of maintaining warranty.

- cheaper

- you can always sell it or transfer it to a different car.

-it offers live data logging.

-reads and clears faults.

-customizable gauges on the phone app to watch boost psi, AFR etc

-ability to change tunes on the fly

-ability to custom map your own 'tune' or copy some else's and save it

-built in W/M and e85

It's actually a pretty trick unit. My mk7 runs Map 2 out the box and it adds 7 extra psi. 100 HP and 75 TQ gain over stock is no joke and easily achieved. Lots of dudes run E30 blends with it and hit awesome numbers.

A tune from a pro vendor like unitronic or apr will always be "better" but there are some cool things with these boxes.

Oh and you can piggy back these boxes on top of pro tunes. So if the apr tune gives you +5 psi you can use the jb4 to add another +5.

This is my experience on the MQB platform which is a little different FWIW
Shit...I didn't know you had a MK7 too.

What's stopping you from stepping up to a tune from the JB4? Just curious

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Shit...I didn't know you had a MK7 too.

What's stopping you from stepping up to a tune from the JB4? Just curious

-Yeah I have a 2017 sportwagen, 1.8t

-I wanted to try something different and JB4 on the MQB has great reviews and support. Ive never tuned my own vehicle so it has been a great learning experience. The reason i dont go and get an APR tune at this stage is the same reason I dont run an e30 blend and tune. Just dont need all the extra power right now. It is the family mobile so it is only lightly modded (so far). The mk6 is the racecar

Last edited: