GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Right on. I've heard of other brands, particularly those with "anti-lift" geometry built in, falling apart under hard use.

I don't want more caster anyway, the car has more than enough to begin with.
Most of them do add some caster but ive never heard anyone dislike it. Makes the turn in better and the wheel slightly heavier giving it more feedback.
If you don’t want to go poly and would prefer to go with solid rubber TTRS bushings, you could go with BFI. I love mine.
https://blackforestindustries.com/p...rol-arm-brackets-w-ttrs-solid-rubber-bushings
I have some new s3 solid rubber bushings for sale if anyone's interested 🤷‍♂️

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
If you don’t want to go poly and would prefer to go with solid rubber TTRS bushings, you could go with BFI. I love mine.
https://blackforestindustries.com/p...rol-arm-brackets-w-ttrs-solid-rubber-bushings
hmmm, imagine that.... ;)
1623873147205.png

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I noticed that too hahaha.

E: talking about Phur.

But nice trailer jay, were you driving your mk6 to track days before?

jay745

But nice trailer jay, were you driving your mk6 to track days before?
Yes and it sucked for a few reasons. The car is not comfortable at all to drive on the street, especially for hours at a time. I've had to keep it street legal and will now be able to put a cage in it. And I've been limited to using dot tires because I can't fit another set of wheels in the car, now I can run slicks 😈

Phur

Autocross Champion

jay745

So my fake printout alignment was "good enough" for the "tech" but my steering wheel is not perfect enough, I've heard some say the subframe might need adjusting? Could a torn control arm bush throw off the toe?🤭
Your toe is most likely fine, just adjust the tie rod ends to straighten the wheel. If you count the rotations and do the same on both side tie rod ends your alignment won't get messed up.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Speaking of bushings does anyone know which SuperPro bushing would fit the apr pendulum mount. I know @HYDE161 replaced the ones that came with the mount originally.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I have the APR pendulum and I don't understand the question.... where would you place a bushing?

Maybe he was mistaking the APR unit for a different one. Like I have a spulen one and it has a poly bushing

but that APR one doesnt look like it uses a bushing unless its some kind of cube bushing in that hinge area?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I have the APR pendulum and I don't understand the question.... where would you place a bushing?

Maybe he was mistaking the APR unit for a different one. Like I have a spulen one and it has a poly bushing

but that APR one doesnt look like it uses a bushing unless its some kind of cube bushing in that hinge area?

From my understanding the bushing is pressed in where the bolt connects the 2 pieces . The part I highlighted in the picture.
It's supposed to reduce nvh that the spherical pendulums add.

I have the spulen one currently , it's good for now but I feel like apr one would be better long term.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-102028~3.png
    Screenshot_20210617-102028~3.png
    384.7 KB · Views: 47

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I don't think the apr will be better long term, it's just a piece of aluminum dude.