GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
sometimes things are designed to fail as a means to save from the more expensive part failing first. gotta think of the big picture before you just start upgrading material because you think it is better. IMO the iAbed is old tech that a lot of people like because they are familiar with it (and not able to figure out the new design), which does not equate to better performance. the updated RMS is better than old tech iabed, and failures are due to improper install.

I stripped out the axle flange bolt when reinstalling my tranny after LSD install... it was my fault for improper use of torque wrench, and luckily the weak point was the bolt threads. So new bolt and i was on my way. Had I try to go over kill, and upgrade the bolt, i would have fucked the LSD and had to disassemble it all. call me crazy, but I put faith into the engineers that spent millions on R&D to develop a successful, reliable product.

Maxey

Ready to race!
Added some cheapo eBay mudflaps to the front. It came with rears, but not sure I'll bother with them as I like the clean look out back, not to mention any stones flung up in rear are only hitting plastic instead of metal as in front. Am dying to hear the engineer's opinions on how the service life of these will compare to the OEM ones. :p

Flap.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
Added some cheapo eBay mudflaps to the front. It came with rears, but not sure I'll bother with them as I like the clean look out back, not to mention any stones flung up in rear are only hitting plastic instead of metal as in front. Am dying to hear the engineer's opinions on how the service life of these will compare to the OEM ones. :p

View attachment 217458
Chinese plastic is 3% more rigid than German plastic, so the clear coat on the part of the body that the mudflap touches will wear faster than if you had just bought the super expensive OEM parts. Shame on you 😂

Phur

Autocross Champion

View attachment 217458
The mud flaps will be fine. Your car, however is now liable to spontaneously combust. My sorries. 🥺

Maxey

Ready to race!
Chinese plastic is 3% more rigid than German plastic, so the clear coat on the part of the body that the mudflap touches will wear faster than if you had just bought the super expensive OEM parts. Shame on you 😂
Spooky. That was my concern when I bought them. You guys are good.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Spooky. That was my concern when I bought them. You guys are good.
on a serious note, im curious how they handle UV and temps... brittle when cold? fade and brittle from UV? time will tell... but hey, if you got them cheap enough, just throw another set on when they start to look like shit.

Maxey

Ready to race!
on a serious note, im curious how they handle UV and temps... brittle when cold? fade and brittle from UV? time will tell... but hey, if you got them cheap enough, just throw another set on when they start to look like shit.

I don't really care if they fade some as the car itself is far from perfect, and hey, they might even end up matching the silver paint at some point!

In the eBay ad for them, the seller made the point that they are flexible and won't crack or split like some of the other cheapies on eBay, they even showed a picture of one being severely twisted by hand. They really do seem to be of decent quality.

They set me back 25 bucks for the set, so no great loss if they do happen to fall apart in a few years.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I don't really care if they fade some as the car itself is far from perfect, and hey, they might even end up matching the silver paint at some point!

In the eBay ad for them, the seller made the point that they are flexible and won't crack or split like some of the other cheapies on eBay, they even showed a picture of one being severely twisted by hand. They really do seem to be of decent quality.

They set me back 25 bucks for the set, so no great loss if they do happen to fall apart in a few years.
link?

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
- painted the engine cover again. Wanted something different. 🤷🏻‍♂️

- new boost gauge

1976B0EE-0A9B-48FE-93D7-2474D1F55864.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B5F0959-E106-46FC-A71D-CCD03D342FE1.jpeg
    4B5F0959-E106-46FC-A71D-CCD03D342FE1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60

GolNat

Autocross Champion

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Weekend mod, tyrolsport brake master cylinder brace. Not sure what to do after this one. I have pretty much done every mod I wanted. But it the next year or 2 it will be brakes and lighter wheels. But I'm pretty satisfied with the current set up.
I'm very particular about the parts that I go with, now I just need to drive the car a bit for lol.

Edit: brace came today it looks like they redesigned it. Probably won't need to cut the foam under the battery tray
Screenshot_20210625-005048.png

Attachments

• PXL_20210625_180243451.jpg
    PXL_20210625_180243451.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
Last edited: