GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

‘12 GTI w/ 62k preventative maintenance?

Jcway16

Passed Driver's Ed
So I just picked up a ‘12 GTI DSG with 62k miles as my commuter car. Service history is a bit unknown, but I rolled the dice because of the low mileage, the fact that the car was stock and clean, AND I got it for a steal.

I’d like to do all of the preventative maintenance that should have been done to it by now. So, what should I do exactly?
I know that the DSG should be serviced by 35k-40k miles, anything else?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Change all fluids and filters.

Oil
Coolant
Brake Fluid
Fuel filter
DSG filter
Plugs

Most importantly, jack the car up, remove the pass wheel, remove the pancake boost pipe and find the silver dollar sized black plug located on the timing chain cover. Use a pick to remove that plug and peer through the hole to see if you have the updated timing tensioner or not.

Jcway16

Passed Driver's Ed
Change all fluids and filters.

Oil
Coolant
Brake Fluid
Fuel filter
DSG filter
Plugs

Most importantly, jack the car up, remove the pass wheel, remove the pancake boost pipe and find the silver dollar sized black plug located on the timing chain cover. Use a pick to remove that plug and peer through the hole to see if you have the updated timing tensioner or not.
Checking on the tensioner is definitely one for the first things I wanted to do.

What part number and such should I look for to confirm that I have the updated part?
What kind of mileage is the updated tensioner good for?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
1626970522641.jpeg

To verify the chain is not stretched too much you take a timing measurement of block 93 using OBD11 or VagCom. The new style tensioner is good until the chain stretches too much.