GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Got myself one of dem fancy oil filter sockets hyuck hyuck

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Anyone have any experience with the Liqui-Moly Leichtlauf oil? I want to ditch the molygen. I feel like I heard much less engine chatter and it just ran smoother with the Motul X-cess.
Leichtlauf is all I use. Excellent results from the oil analysis, I switched from motul a few years ago
I use Leichtlauf. I've never used anything else, so I couldn't say whether or not it runs more smoothly. I've been debating tossing in a bottle of CeraTec, but I haven't made time to really research it.
Ceratec is great stuff too

torga

Autocross Champion
I made this decision when I installed my brakes, beside when I jack the front up the back lifts too so I'd still only have to jack it up once. Not sure what I'd use though as no way in hell I'm using that widow maker.
I keep a 1 ton hydraulic in the car. Used the widowmaker exactly once and then said nooooo way.

How 'bout this lil guy? It's pretty similar in design to every scissor jack I've ever used. The VW widowmaker is the first time I've seen such a goofy design for an emergency jack.

Amazon.com: BIG RED T10152 Torin Steel Scissor Lift Jack Car Kit, 1.5 Ton (3,000 lb) Capacity, Red : Automotive

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Car's at my indy mechanic today. They believe it's the water pump. Dealership confirmed I would be covered by the class action warranty extension if they also find it's the water pump, but they can't get me in until Weds next week. Warranty only eligible to 100K and I'm at ~99.5 😬

Edit - now I'm wondering if I'm going to have to pull all the stg2 bits off the car so they can do the water pump. No way they'd affect the cooling system AFAIK but who knows what a dealie thinks.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car's at my indy mechanic today. They believe it's the water pump. Dealership confirmed I would be covered by the class action warranty extension if they also find it's the water pump, but they can't get me in until Weds next week. Warranty only eligible to 100K and I'm at ~99.5 😬

Edit - now I'm wondering if I'm going to have to pull all the stg2 bits off the car so they can do the water pump. No way they'd affect the cooling system AFAIK but who knows what a dealie thinks.
I think if you're a bit over they will get it through for you. Call and ask?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I think if you're a bit over they will get it through for you. Call and ask?

If I don't drive it this weekend, I should be okay. Rounding up, I do about 30 miles per day. I'll make the GF drive the brewery adventures :devilish:

Indy did a pressure test and said he saw tons of dye coming out the bottom of the WP housing so I should be okay, I'd think. One thing he did mention - apparently the VW manual now says to do the replacement from the bottom? I've seen multiple multiple threads here that say "remove the intake mani so you can get to it" and was thinking I'd throw in a valve cleaning to save on labor costs. Will need to ask.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I just ran some Liqui-Moly engine flush, drained the oil, poured a liter of oil in before draining that back out (peace of mind) and refilled with Leichtlauf. I also cleaned my MAF sensor. It does seem to be idling smoother.
I also finally got around to replacing my broken ignition coil connector. For anyone out there needing to do this, do yourself a favor and buy the damn terminal tool. That was WAY more irritating than it should’ve been.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
I just ran some Liqui-Moly engine flush, drained the oil, poured a liter of oil in before draining that back out (peace of mind) and refilled with Leichtlauf. It does seem to be idling much smoother.
I also finally got around to replacing my broken ignition coil connector. For anyone out there needing to do this, do yourself a favor and buy the damn terminal tool. That was WAY more irritating than it should’ve been.
How long did you have to run the engine for the flush? I'm at 138k, might be time to do something like that sooner than later.

Phur

Autocross Champion
How long did you have to run the engine for the flush? I'm at 138k, might be time to do something like that sooner than later.
You’re supposed to add the engine flush, let it idle for 10 minutes, then change your oil like normal. They don’t say anything about taking any special steps to get out any remaining oil. I just had an extra liter of the Molygen around, so I figured it couldn’t hurt.