GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New engine - Mk 6 Golf R

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Noted thank you!
they weren’t too costly but yeah rather save for a clutch that’ll need to get replaced eventually.

finally tho got an update from the dealer after 2.5 months……..
Getting a new remanufactured engined from Germany:D timeline unknown (due to covid, bs). Replacing the engine mounts, long block, & hardware.

Wanted to ask if anyone added a heating cover to their k04 turbo to keep it slightly cooler? Worth doing it while the engine is apart?
Congrats on your upcoming repair, sounds like it will be done with the right parts. Turbo blanket is to keep hot side hot and the engine bay cooler. The more heated the hot side the quicker the flow out to the exhaust. I had one on my K04. Meh. Blankets and wrapping get moisture under them and cause corrosion over time. The preferred thing is to get the turbo coated. Now would be a good time to send your turbo out for a rebuild, not terribly expensive and at the same time have it ceramic coated.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Mk7 turbo blanket can be put on with the turbo still in the car... Mk6 not so much. If you do get one, do it now with the turbo out for sure

kevbass52

Ready to race!
Congrats on your upcoming repair, sounds like it will be done with the right parts. Turbo blanket is to keep hot side hot and the engine bay cooler. The more heated the hot side the quicker the flow out to the exhaust. I had one on my K04. Meh. Blankets and wrapping get moisture under them and cause corrosion over time. The preferred thing is to get the turbo coated. Now would be a good time to send your turbo out for a rebuild, not terribly expensive and at the same time have it ceramic coated.
Thank you! Took a while but I’m happy with waiting for the remanufactured engine from Germany. Hopefully they can air freight it lol.

coating definitely sounds like the wiser choice. As far as rebuilding the turbo while it’s out, can the dealership do that or is that done outside through a 3rd party?

Mk7 turbo blanket can be put on with the turbo still in the car... Mk6 not so much. If you do get one, do it now with the turbo out for sure
might just go with ceramic coating to prevent corrosion damage in case moisture builds up on the blanket.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Thank you! Took a while but I’m happy with waiting for the remanufactured engine from Germany. Hopefully they can air freight it lol.

coating definitely sounds like the wiser choice. As far as rebuilding the turbo while it’s out, can the dealership do that or is that done outside through a 3rd party?

might just go with ceramic coating to prevent corrosion damage in case moisture builds up on the blanket.

Dealer would only put a new turbo in, they don't rebuild stuff. Best to send out to SoCal Porting and they will do rebuild and coating. SoCal Porting