GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yep. Despite my best efforts to teach her how to drive manual, she basically refused to learn.
I for one cannot wait for the day I have an automatic daily, or preferably electric. Nothing worse than some good knee pain every time I gotta shift, especially in traffic.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Real big mod day

CCA43D32-31DC-4758-9060-1DAAFA24AF5D.jpeg

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
I finally decided to try to get rid of the visor warnings. I am so irritated that I waited so long to do it. It couldn’t have been any easier. I also addressed the “pinking” of the seat belts.
F064D583-1875-4A07-BF48-75C3BCEC15D2.jpeg

Before
7C75E488-54F5-46D4-9EC1-DE337859DC37.jpeg

After

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Decided to start some electrical mods this weekend on the MK6:
- Installed rear camera for the RCD330+
- Installed rear dash cam
- Installed VLand tail lights
- Started to run all of the wiring for the dash cam & rear camera
- Broke the windshield wiper fluid tube in the hatch pulling wires and replaced with 5/32" vacuum tubing
- Also had windshield replaced this week due to some serious cracks

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I finally decided to try to get rid of the visor warnings. I am so irritated that I waited so long to do it. It couldn’t have been any easier. I also addressed the “pinking” of the seat belts.
View attachment 224640
Before
View attachment 224641
After
I removed that visor sticker years ago but was never able to fully get rid of the sticky residue.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Decided to start some electrical mods this weekend on the MK6:
- Installed rear camera for the RCD330+
- Installed rear dash cam
- Installed VLand tail lights
- Started to run all of the wiring for the dash cam & rear camera
- Broke the windshield wiper fluid tube in the hatch pulling wires and replaced with 5/32" vacuum tubing
- Also had windshield replaced this week due to some serious cracks
How easy/difficult was it to run wiring for rear dash cam?

c31561

Go Kart Champion
How easy/difficult was it to run wiring for rear dash cam?
It’s time consuming if you pull the wire all the way into the hatch. I was taking apart the hatch anyway for the tail light install, so it just added an extra wire to pull from the inside. I ran along the passenger side headliner to the front using a plastic trim tool. You do have to pull all the pillars back to tuck it in right. Definitely go slow installing the pillars, VW’s you have to line up the clips just right or they just won’t go back in and will bend.

Take your time and try not to rush. I think I broke every single one of the little plastic ”Airbag” covers in the pillars along the way plus the windshield wiper fluid tube in the hatch. But the final install looks super clean with all the wires hidden away.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I installed my rear camera without pulling any of the head liner or pillars but I didn't go with the integrated badge one. I cut my bumper just above the license plate so all my wiring runs below the hatch and then along the rockers to the front of the car.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
What did you use to remove the stickers?