GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
That's what I said to them. I expected it would outlive the car. They agreed with me!
When was the last communication from them on this?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Dang still a little dirty. I'm usually able to get them pretty spotless

I'm at 99.6 on the Odo and I don't think it's ever been done before. Considering they didn't/don't do walnut blasting, I'm okay with it. Looks like I didn't post the actual "After" photo though. It's a little cleaner but still not quite where I'd like it to be:

1631315904052.png

How's it drive? Mine felt a lot peppier after I got it done around 60k

Everything feels smoother. I've noticed a big difference in startup, accel, and decel so far.

AFAIK this is the first time this car's been valve cleaned. From the bottom, everywhere is up?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm at 99.6 on the Odo and I don't think it's ever been done before. Considering they didn't/don't do walnut blasting, I'm okay with it. Looks like I didn't post the actual "After" photo though. It's a little cleaner but still not quite where I'd like it to be:

View attachment 224958

Everything feels smoother. I've noticed a big difference in startup, accel, and decel so far.

AFAIK this is the first time this car's been valve cleaned. From the bottom, everywhere is up?
Seek out a place that does walnut blasting for when you need it next time. Worth it.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Well, i have two cars a truck and a motorcycle, the truck gets driven the most, the 2010 GTI has 11,000 miles, garage kept and never driven in the rain. So this maintenance is still a few years away for me. Thought about selling it but most likely won't i do enjoy driving it every now and then. And the 2013 turbo beetle, my wife's car, has about 8K, same garage kept and never driven in the rain.

Probably pass them on to my son and grand daughter, lol.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Seek out a place that does walnut blasting for when you need it next time. Worth it.

💯💯

Originally that's what I had wanted; XLR8 Performance is about 20 mins away and I was going to go to them for a valve blastin soon enough. Unfortunately, this came up first :(

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
💯💯

Originally that's what I had wanted; XLR8 Performance is about 20 mins away and I was going to go to them for a valve blastin soon enough. Unfortunately, this came up first :(
It's fine they look good.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
💯💯

Wait, you're in CT?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Finally found the motivation to do a proper wash/wax because the weather this morning was just perfect for it. My hood and front bumper are so beat up from ~147k miles of rock chips it makes me sad. Cratered like the moon. Everything else is pretty good, but those pieces could really use a respray.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
The more you know. If you're 20 min from xlr8 then depending on the direction you may be close to me, i'm in Plainville. Lemme know if you ever need any help on the car or need to borrow any tools.

torga

Autocross Champion
Finally found the motivation to do a proper wash/wax because the weather this morning was just perfect for it. My hood and front bumper are so beat up from ~147k miles of rock chips it makes me sad. Cratered like the moon. Everything else is pretty good, but those pieces could really use a respray.
I'm at 138k and same, man. Same. The rest of my paint is in really solid shape, too.
Soon I'm gonna see what a bottle of Dr. Colorchip can do to help, but some of the craters are pretty large.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I'm at 138k and same, man. Same. The rest of my paint is in really solid shape, too.
Soon I'm gonna see what a bottle of Dr. Colorchip can do to help, but some of the craters are pretty large.
I’ve heard good things about Dr Colorchip, can’t hurt to try. I’ve thought about using proper touch up paint but going through the process of sanding, cleaning, application, sanding, then polishing on so many different chips just sounds like torture. Figuring out how to deal with all the pockmarks on the plastic bumper sounds even worse.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
I wish I could've went with APR's Stage 2 ECU before they canceled it. Recently got their Stage 1 ECU/TCU and it's incredible. I plan to go K04 with a CTS K04. The question is, which lol. I know that their K04-X is the bees-knees atm. About to hit 130,000 miles FWIW.