GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
In my defense, I bought it this way and it hasn't gotten worse. So I've got NO idea what the PO used to do. The car lived in AZ and NM for its entire life when I bought it. Lots of loose rocks and dust, I suppose. But on the bright side, I don't have rust anywhere and all hardware pops off as if brand new.

I would just call it patina and call it a day

torga

Autocross Champion
I would just call it patina and call it a day

I'm gonna take a whack with Dr. Colorchip and will likely leave it how it ends up. I don't have the money for a respray. I'm tryna save for a house and a K04.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I'm gonna take a whack with Dr. Colorchip and will likely leave it how it ends up. I don't have the money for a respray. I'm tryna save for a house and a K04.

You could just buy a CF hood from China like @uglybastard . no respray required

torga

Autocross Champion
You could just buy a CF hood from China like @uglybastard . no respray required

Would still have to respray the bumper in that case. I'm not really looking to do any big CF pieces. I like the deep pearl black.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I think the happy medium for me would be the CTS K04 (non X) that's $1500. Thanks though.

Are you insane? Borg warner is OEM and way better quality than anything CTS makes. It also has a literal lifetime warranty. You would have to be an idiot to go with CTS.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Are you insane? Borg warner is OEM and way better quality than anything CTS makes. It also has a literal lifetime warranty. You would have to be an idiot to go with CTS.
There have been people who've gone with CTS products who've had no issues as well as those who've had issues. There are also folks who've gone with the X offering and had good success, but to each their own I suppose.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
I'd have to agree, CTS is utter garbage. Their quality of parts is some of the worst I've seen.
No worries at all. I'll opt for FCP Euro's offering when the time comes.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'd have to agree, CTS is utter garbage. Their quality of parts is some of the worst I've seen.

I think I read somewhere that CTS stands for Crappy Turbo Systems.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
No worries at all. I'll opt for FCP Euro's offering when the time comes.

Forget the price, or the quality. The fact that FCP will give you a brand new turbo no questions asked if it blows up 10 years from now should be the deciding factor. For real.

CTS warranty is probably a year.

edit: yeah its a year. but yeah you cant beat borgwarner. Guess who makes the mk8 turbos?

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
Forget the price, or the quality. The fact that FCP will give you a brand new turbo no questions asked if it blows up 10 years from now should be the deciding factor. For real.

CTS warranty is probably a year.

edit: yeah its a year. but yeah you cant beat borgwarner. Guess who makes the mk8 turbos?
It doesn't come with the plumbing though so he'd have to know what he needs and add that to the cost.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Aren’t some of the K04 kits basically modified Borg Warner turbos? I don’t know which ones are or aren’t.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion