GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

GolferGTI12

Ready to race!
Other automotive trend I see around here that I wonder about: so many people have done the JDM blinking brake light thing. I've seen CR-V's with blinky brake lights. I've seen commuter Corollas who can't speed match or coast in traffic with it. IMO cool if you could do it to respond to braking pressure, as a sort of hazard light, but some people are out on the highway with a slow strobe light on their rear bumper.
So I just bought a new Honda Accord Sport as my daily and it does the three blinkies standard from the factory. It threw me off at first because I thought I accidentally hit the brakes hard but it just does that every single time I hit the brakes. I guess my Accord just identifies as a "modded" Subaru now..

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
So I just bought a new Honda Accord Sport as my daily and it does the three blinkies standard from the factory. It threw me off at first because I thought I accidentally hit the brakes hard but it just does that every single time I hit the brakes. I guess my Accord just identifies as a "modded" Subaru now..
The Tacoma I bought does that too. Now if I could figure out how to roll the windows down with the fob I'd be set

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Sad for the car, because it's a cool one-off. But that car owner was doing some real smooth-brained dumb shit, if they knew the parts were stolen.
Insane that the cops would think something is up if the plates say it's a diesel wagon. Have they never heard of body kits and upbadging? What do they care?

Yeah. Bummer to see it crushed... but if it's built with identifiably stolen parts, well... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I did not like how it seemed like the article tried to sorta make it sound like the car was crushed because it was modded. Felt like they focused more on that vs. the stolen parts piece, especially with all their "it's unsafe" talk. But I do find it funny that the cops over there know cars well enough to look at it and know.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I remember when I was still racing bikes, I used to buy lots of spare parts off of eBay. One guy I found (my dad found him actually) had rims for sale. The rims showed up, clearly they were brand new, still with tires mounted.... brand new tires. Still had the little rubber "nubs" on them. The seller reached back out to my dad to see if he needed "any other parts".... guy sold us a "complete bolt kit".... the shit was brand new. Pretty sure that guy stole a new bike off a floor somewhere and parted it out.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I remember when I was still racing bikes, I used to buy lots of spare parts off of eBay. One guy I found (my dad found him actually) had rims for sale. The rims showed up, clearly they were brand new, still with tires mounted.... brand new tires. Still had the little rubber "nubs" on them. The seller reached back out to my dad to see if he needed "any other parts".... guy sold us a "complete bolt kit".... the shit was brand new. Pretty sure that guy stole a new bike off a floor somewhere and parted it out.
I bought a mint swingarm one time for like $50. I think a new one was 550 or so…

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
B8 Q5 TDI and B8 Q5 3.0T S-Line/SQ5.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Really feeling the SUV stuff right now.

I've got a Jetta Wagen TDI that I'd like to replace with something similar for the GF. My boss has got an SQ5 that I'm pretty jealous of. The 3.0T is the Q/SQ can be tuned super easily to near 500hp with some simple bolt-ons and software. Idk about you but a 500hp AWD SUV sounds like a lotta fun to me.

I need a daily and GF needs a daily :)

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I've got a Jetta Wagen TDI that I'd like to replace with something similar for the GF. My boss has got an SQ5 that I'm pretty jealous of. The 3.0T is the Q/SQ can be tuned super easily to near 500hp with some simple bolt-ons and software. Idk about you but a 500hp AWD SUV sounds like a lotta fun to me.

I love the SQ5. I have looked at them also but am hesitant because of the maintenance. The 3.0T is a stout engine but it is a VAG product. My 07 Pilot is holding strong and hauling kids great but man is it boring. I agree a 500 HP AWD SUV sounds fun.

Phur

Autocross Champion
An older woman that I work with drives an SQ5 (2014-2017 range). That’s not a knock. She has had some cool shit and loves her cars.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Have you seen what they are doing with the Tiguan over in Europe!?! The new ones look sexy dumped on air and if you tune and do a IS38…ohh yeah.