GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Finally after man moons Im able to drive it again. RMS started going last November and yesterday was my first drive since. also did a couple other things while the trans was out
iAbed RMS
CM FX400 clutch
MFactory LSD
USP steel shift forks with BAR-TEK brass slides
H&R 26mm front, 24mm rear sway bars
Rexsupersport fog shrouds

coming soon
H&R street SS coilovers
stop tech rotors
SS brake lines
yellowstuff brake pads
ECS FMIC and piping (on its way)

just need to quit being lazy to put it all on haha!

View attachment 225661View attachment 225660
How are the sway-bars working out for you? I have 26mm/22mm setup; I often think the rear can be a bit stiffer.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
How are the sway-bars working out for you? I have 26mm/22mm setup; I often think the rear can be a bit stiffer.
so far I really like them. I have the front set to soft and the rear to stiff and it feels very well planted, however Ive been driving around town like a grandma to break in the new clutch lol. havent been able to really test them out.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Little detail today, but I like it. APR steering wheel insert. Slowly but surely getting this car to where I want her to be.

Attachments

• 20210923_153314.jpg
    20210923_153314.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Im pretty famous around here for my amazingly technical drawings/diagrams so I thought I would add that the best way to stiffen up a hatch back is with a rear strut bar/brace. This is true for any hatchback because of its innate "open shoe box with the back cut off" design. The rear door on the hatchback provides no structural reinforcement and the roof's contribution is minimal.

Adding a rear strut brace behind the seats fixes this problem.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I did the fender screw mod today. No more rubbing on hard corners now

Phur

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I've never seen that "Adidas" version here in the US but it has some cool seats 😎

Attachments

• car_photo_371986.jpg
    car_photo_371986.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 75

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion