GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Have you ran a 392? If so how did it go? I did have a cel on due to faulty cam sensor. Have since replaced.
Don't know if that would make a difference.

Yes 1. A 392 Charger and he gapped me pretty hard buttttt it was a 30 roll and I missed 3rd so it wasn’t a clean run. Other one was a 392 Scat Pack Challenger from a red light I was behind him. Off the line I was spinning crazy through 1st and 2nd, Missed 3rd again 🤦‍♂️ butt he wasn’t gaining much on me.

I have yet to run one from 3rd (my go to roll gear) on a nice open highway.

Edit is was a Scat Pack Challenger (I think).

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
What mounts do you have, what trans mount? I replaced those and very rarely miss shifts these days. However when I do it is 3rd :)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What mounts do you have, what trans mount? I replaced those and very rarely miss shifts these days. However when I do it is 3rd :)

BFI stage 1, APR pendulum mount and Neuspeed insert. Also have a HPA short shifter and slammer knob. The mounts definitely helped. I have a diesel geek shifter to put on still. It has some slop in it for sure.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
REDEMPTION!
had a boxster S pass me. I caught up dude had his top down. I had already down shifted to 3rd doing maybe 55-60. He looked over and laughed then stomped it. I drove around this mofo!
When he caught back up didn't even give me a nod, didn't even look at me. CSB!!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
10th Gen Civic Si wanted to play. He lined up for a roll. I was like okay and waited for him to hit. Took him to Gapplebees of course. A few miles up We got caught at a light and went on green. We were both spinning and chirping 1st and 2nd with me slightly in front and increasing the gap with every bite of traction. Once I made it to 3rd it was by by. He tried again at the next light for a short while before honking, waving and making a left. If only I was in the Prelude.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Went for a drive.

Walked a MK7.

Roll raced a newer WRX. We lined up on the highway and he honked it off. I kept it in 4th gear we were doing about 40-50. We were petty even until I hit about 5k then I started pulling hard on him. We came up on traffic and had to back off before I passed him. We both smiled and gave a wave/head nod before parting ways.

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
Went for a drive.

Walked a MK7.

Roll raced a newer WRX. We lined up on the highway and he honked it off. I kept it in 4th gear we were doing about 40-50. We were petty even until I hit about 5k then I started pulling hard on him. We came up on traffic and had to back off before I passed him. We both smiled and gave a wave/head nod before parting ways.

Looks like you had so much fun and you somehow made a new friend along the way.

tulip

Ready to race!
Went for a drive.

Walked a MK7.

Are the newer wrx's quick? K04 vs a stock wrx doesn't sound very fair... I know you started in 4th but still... Always fun racing people who aren't sour lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Are the newer wrx's quick? K04 vs a stock wrx doesn't sound very fair... I know you started in 4th but still... Always fun racing people who aren't sour lol

Off the line but when they are rolling not so much. A bug eye STI kept up till the top of 3rd then once I hit 4th I was gone.

I started in 4th to make it more interesting. If I was in 3rd he wouldn’t have hung for very long. He wanted a go probably thinking I was just tuned. It wasn’t stock but a more fair race would have been a modded STI and I still don’t think they start from a roll very fast.

@brat_burner had a wrx I believe.

tulip

Ready to race!
Off the line but when they are rolling not so much. A bug eye STI kept up till the top of 3rd then once I hit 4th I was gone.

I started in 4th to make it more interesting. If I was in 3rd he wouldn’t have hung for very long. He wanted a go probably thinking I was just tuned. It wasn’t stock but a more fair race would have been a modded STI and I still don’t think they start from a roll very fast.

Any idea what a stage 2 would do against a stock new gen wrx from a roll?? buddy of mine just bought one and he's not the type of guy I would like to lose to lol... I feel like I should be fine but still would like someone elses input.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Any idea what a stage 2 would do against a stock new gen wrx from a roll?? buddy of mine just bought one and he's not the type of guy I would like to lose to lol... I feel like I should be fine but still would like someone elses input.

You should be fine with Stage 2.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Had to drive 45 min to get a damn at home rapid Covid test because someone in my sons class tested positive. Well I didn’t have to but I took the GTI so it was more fun.

Found a Mazda Speed 3 while I was out 👀

Didn’t think he wanted to play. I came up behind him on the highway. Did a slow down pass to see if he was interested. He slowed down so I thought okay I guess not. A few miles up the road I see someone coming up in my rear view quickly and I figure it’s him because of the headlight color (and there is only one other car on the highway). So I down shift and gun it. He flys by me and I catch up and hang behind him. He then moves over to the right lane and slows it down. I follow his lead and we slow it down to around 40. I do a test hit to see if he will take off and I faintly hear honking so I stop. Not sure if I heard 3 I just waited for him to go. Once he went I floored it and took him to Gapplebees for Christmas 🎄.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

I missed this apparently... I had a 2016(?) STI. They aren't very quick stock, and the tuning is terrible. Just as you think it's starting to pull toward redline, the boost tapers off and it lays over. A Cobb tune makes a night and day difference in drivability and power. I had a buddy with one back in 2005 that had STG2 and it was actually fun to drive. The regular WRX I'm sure is just a tad slower.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
On my way back from the car show a guy in a BMW was following me. I zoomed to get around some cars and he followed me so I thought he might want to play. I get over into the right lane and he pulls up next to me and puts his window down. He yell’s 60? I said sure. Drop down to 3rd and hold it around 58-60. I wait for him to go and punch it. Immediately put a car on him and once into 4th put a few between us. We come up to a light a few miles up the road and he puts his window down and says “what do you have done to that thing it’s fucking quick”. I said it has a bigger turbo. “That’s it” he said surprised. I said basically yeah it’s a turbo from a Golf R. He turned around at the light and it was t tagged and de-badged no idea what kinda Bimmer it was. Maybe a 328 or 325. Sounded like it had a tune.