GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

torga

Autocross Champion
ooo, love those tips

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That’s pretty how does it sound?
I like it a lot more than the exhausts I had on my 2 previous cars. It's got a nice little gurgle to it when you're low in the rpms, but no rasp or pops or anything like that. Has a nice deep tone that sounds pretty sporty when it's opened up. At idle you don't really hear it at all from inside the cabin.

It's louder than the oem set up with a res delete that I just had, but maybe not as much drone. You're mostly hearing the exhaust from where the sound exits out, whereas with the oem muffler and a res delete the sound was kinda coming from every angle.

I drove around with the res delete for a couple years, so now hearing my car sounding different it's still kinda weird to me. I'm not used to it yet. I've only done a quick little 10-15 minute drive so far too and I haven't really floored it since the stock exhaust is still in my hatch. Initial impressions are pretty good though.

ooo, love those tips

That played a part in my purchase too lol...I looked at exhausts for a long time and I made sure I looked at every option I could find. Even though the neuspeed catback has the least reviews (none at all) and nobody talks about this thing it was the one I kept coming back to. I loved the design and how it looks on the back the car. I was a bit worried about the sound since it was so hard to find any comments about it, but so far so good.

The shop liked it too. The fitment was perfect. Since the tips are welded on they didn't have to mess with bolting on 4 exhaust tips and making sure they all lined up straight, so they liked that too. They called the sound perfect too.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
20211105_185203.jpg

The other day, my last day in old role, my team got me some rad VW cupcakes.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I like it a lot more than the exhausts I had on my 2 previous cars. It's got a nice little gurgle to it when you're low in the rpms, but no rasp or pops or anything like that. Has a nice deep tone that sounds pretty sporty when it's opened up. At idle you don't really hear it at all from inside the cabin.

It's louder than the oem set up with a res delete that I just had, but maybe not as much drone. You're mostly hearing the exhaust from where the sound exits out, whereas with the oem muffler and a res delete the sound was kinda coming from every angle.

I drove around with the res delete for a couple years, so now hearing my car sounding different it's still kinda weird to me. I'm not used to it yet. I've only done a quick little 10-15 minute drive so far too and I haven't really floored it since the stock exhaust is still in my hatch. Initial impressions are pretty good though.

That played a part in my purchase too lol...I looked at exhausts for a long time and I made sure I looked at every option I could find. Even though the neuspeed catback has the least reviews (none at all) and nobody talks about this thing it was the one I kept coming back to. I loved the design and how it looks on the back the car. I was a bit worried about the sound since it was so hard to find any comments about it, but so far so good.

The shop liked it too. The fitment was perfect. Since the tips are welded on they didn't have to mess with bolting on 4 exhaust tips and making sure they all lined up straight, so they liked that too. They called the sound perfect too.

Thats how I’m rolling now, res delete with stock muffler. Sounds great for the price but not as “refined” as it could be.

Love the R quad tips. I had 4” tips welded on and now when I see an OEM tipped GTI they look so whittle lol

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I drove a Tesla Plaid a few weeks ago. It was a very, very fast POS. Like all Teslas. Garbage, but fast AF. Taycan (and presumably the badge engineered Audi) much much nicer to drive, way better build quality.

View attachment 229197

In other news… dudes I’m gonna be on TV :). Gotta spread the word so the show gets some ratings! MotorTrend TV has had a TV crew following the team I drive for all season, and we got approval to announce it yesterday.

Show is called The Drive Within and first ep airs Nov 12.

Give the promo video a watch!

https://www.facebook.com/JPtakRacin...ol-the-2021-round-3-racing-w/436274997843446/
Yeah, Tesla’s build quality is comical. Congrats on the race team/tv show. Will definitely check it out.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I drove a Tesla Plaid a few weeks ago. It was a very, very fast POS. Like all Teslas. Garbage, but fast AF. Taycan (and presumably the badge engineered Audi) much much nicer to drive, way better build quality.

View attachment 229197

In other news… dudes I’m gonna be on TV :). Gotta spread the word so the show gets some ratings! MotorTrend TV has had a TV crew following the team I drive for all season, and we got approval to announce it yesterday.

Show is called The Drive Within and first ep airs Nov 12.

Give the promo video a watch!

https://www.facebook.com/JPtakRacin...ol-the-2021-round-3-racing-w/436274997843446/

Attachments

• 5F71C137-CCA2-4FB8-987D-0F12374653F3.png
    5F71C137-CCA2-4FB8-987D-0F12374653F3.png
    4 MB · Views: 50

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
How anyone can still follow that shit is crazy to me...It's pretty much been taken over by 2 people and they're both on the same level as zrick. Neither of them are worth engaging with.

torga

Autocross Champion
How anyone can still follow that shit is crazy to me...It's pretty much been taken over by 2 people and they're both on the same level as zrick. Neither of them are worth engaging with.

Yarp. I pop in maybe once or twice a week with the intent of skimming, but I usually give up because it's the bottom of the barrel now.