GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
I went all-in and sprung for a big boy detailing -- int/ext, stage 1 paint correction and wax, even engine bay -- the works. Wanted to head into winter with a fresh coat of wax, since I'll be driving through it.
Now that the rest of the paint is in near-mint condition, it's incredibly apparent just how fucked my hood is. Chipped and scarred up as if I've only ever tailgated behind construction trucks. I always knew it was bad, but WOW.

I'll get photos maybe tomorrow. I'll try to figure out angles to show how bad my hood is.

torga

Autocross Champion
Not much reason, just didn't give it much thought. My thoughts ended at "ceramic coating seems like a waste because my hood and bumper look like a teenager's face anyway".

smanierre

Autocross Champion
More of a "what I will be doing to my mk6" post. A sneak peek at some of the parts that came in over time, hopefully in a week or two i'll be starting to work on her.

kevbass52

Ready to race!
Slapped a diesel geek short shifter and a brake master cylinder brace on my mk6 r and just wanted to say 2nd best $300 investment I’ve done minus a stage 1 tune. So buttery smooth on shifting now. Installed a XB unibrace few weeks back and am somewhat impartial due to having to drill into the frame….but no plans on selling the car ever so pulled the gun on it finally.

Also got the dealer, when they installed a new long block, to swap engine & trans mount to 034 street density mount and swap dogbone to APR pendulum mount. (Technically didn’t do it so I’ll give em the credit lol). I’d say very tolerable amount of NVH and loving it

Saving up for coilovers next!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Slapped a diesel geek short shifter and a brake master cylinder brace on my mk6 r and just wanted to say 2nd best $300 investment I’ve done minus a stage 1 tune. So buttery smooth on shifting now. Installed a XB unibrace few weeks back and am somewhat impartial due to having to drill into the frame….but no plans on selling the car ever so pulled the gun on it finally.

Also got the dealer, when they installed a new long block, to swap engine & trans mount to 034 street density mount and swap dogbone to APR pendulum mount. (Technically didn’t do it so I’ll give em the credit lol). I’d say very tolerable amount of NVH and loving it

Saving up for coilovers next!
Yeah the NVH settles out after a while but mine was pretty noticeable. I have BFI mounts, but after about 500 miles it was def less.

What coilovers you thinking? How much drop, how stiff?

kevbass52

Ready to race!
Yeah the NVH settles out after a while but mine was pretty noticeable. I have BFI mounts, but after about 500 miles it was def less.

What coilovers you thinking? How much drop, how stiff?
Btw your nutserts and tool worked lovely! Thanks again!

Ahhh yeah was thinking of BFI mounts also. Wanted to test out the lower end mounts before going to something stiffer. Already notice less movement inside my engine bay when shifting up with some purpose lol.

For coilovers am only looking to drop it 1/2-1”. Not trynna slam her into the ground as I already bottom out the stock suspension at times. Am think either Bilstein or Öhlin for the sake of ease of adjustments.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
First wash after ceramic coating . I apologize got the boring photos , but man does it look good😁.
Last pic is Forza horizon 5 I think the shine is close 🤣

Attachments

• PXL_20211116_221431219.jpg
    PXL_20211116_221431219.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20211116_211425342.jpg
    PXL_20211116_211425342.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20211116_211412403.jpg
    PXL_20211116_211412403.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20211116_211522987~2.jpg
    PXL_20211116_211522987~2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20211116_032940770.jpg
    PXL_20211116_032940770.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Ahhh yeah was thinking of BFI mounts also. Wanted to test out the lower end mounts before going to something stiffer. Already notice less movement inside my engine bay when shifting up with some purpose lol.

For coilovers am only looking to drop it 1/2-1”. Not trynna slam her into the ground as I already bottom out the stock suspension at times. Am think either Bilstein or Öhlin for the sake of ease of adjustments.
Glad to hear that they worked out for you.

JNF1283

I've had the BFI stage 1 engine/trans mounts for over a year now and I've been very happy with them. I had terrible wheel hop, even when I was still running at factory power levels, and I never get wheel hop now. The tires will spin a lot, especially if I dump it with launch control, but the front end never hops. Running a CTS K04-X turbo kit with full bolt-ons now and the mounts still feel quite adequate.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Fresh oil and plugs and the weird, definitely not the direct injection ticking noises are gone.

Gave her the beans and feels as smooth and strong as ever, all codes are cleared and none of have returned.

At first I thought one of the injectors hadn't sealed because after I fired it up I could smell fuel. Turned out that I hadn't tightened the oil filter enough and there was so much fuel in the oil that the very small oil leak made my garage smell like gasoline.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Spot the bad spark plug...

spark plugs.jpg

Left is the oil that came out of the engine, right is an unopened bottle. Sorry the picture is blurry, but look at the difference in amount of fluid. The container on the left has noticeably more in it.
oil.jpg

Last edited: