GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Had Blizzak WS90 snow shoes mounted on my Neuspeed RSe10 wheels as my Denvers with Blizzak WS80s wouldn't clear my APR BBK. Not a bad looking Winter set up.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The past few years around here, they have transitioned from regular salt to a brine. I don’t know if that is any better or not… a quick search says it’s probably worse. Awesome.

The MagChloride stuff? It's a plus minus, it actually is better for ice removal as it coats the surface minimizing patches of ice forming where the salt isn't or got thrown off the surface. And it doesn't cause massive paint damage from the cars in front of you flinging hunks of salt at you and chipping the paint and salting the metal at the same time. But it also coats and covers your car and undercarriage better letting the crap sit there. Using a coating or wax is a must and wash the car regularly including a good undercarriage spray and you can mitigate the issues.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
10 years and 120k miles in and I finally installed a hatch pop kit. Also got all of the old LaminX off of the headlights and foglights in preparation for fresh ones that are on the way. Man, what a hassle removing the old adhesive. It took a lot of hours and a lot of Goo Gone.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Put some air in the tires before a small road trip this weekend. Sounds a little silly, but it had been a while. I had noticed the car didn't feel 100% with the big drop in temps recently, checked pressures and I was way too low :oops: 🙃

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Put some air in the tires before a small road trip this weekend. Sounds a little silly, but it had been a while. I had noticed the car didn't feel 100% with the big drop in temps recently, checked pressures and I was way too low :oops: 🙃
Did that on my tiguan the other day, was about 8 or 9 lbs off. On most of em

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Did that on my tiguan the other day, was about 8 or 9 lbs off. On most of em

Yeah, I was off a tad more than that on all of them 💀 we're taking the missus' Tig for the holiday and we're definitely going to air her up first.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Finally washed her off, took an in process. That's 3 weekends of track grime. Sadly the Klii vinyl for the badge is permanently stained with the soot.

torga

Autocross Champion
Late last week, I suddenly got a very frequent clunking in the rear. No warning at all. Sounded like endlinks, so I parked the car until I had time to look. Got under there yesterday and that's all it was -- pass. side endlink nut backed off ever so slightly. I love EZPZ fixes.

While I was in the mood, I also trimmed the firewall screw that tends to rub into the IE intake pipe near the elbow. I had to half uninstall the intake to get to the screw, so I had been putting it off.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
While I was in the mood, I also trimmed the firewall screw that tends to rub into the IE intake pipe near the elbow. I had to half uninstall the intake to get to the screw, so I had been putting it off.

I need to get in that mood. It’s eventually gonna wear a hole in mine if I don’t trim it. I can probably get some high leverage dikes and cut the tip off is what I’m thinking.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ordered my tires. Went with the Hankook Ventus V12s as the place I was going through didn't have the Federal 595 RS-Pros I originally wanted. I'm not too concerned with tires this time around as I'm sure I will be the limiting factor, not the tires. My plan is to get them mounted on my wheels, then get the car on the ground quickly and get some corner weights so I can send out my suspension sooner rather than later. Gonna be a bit longer than I thought to start work on the car, cleaning up leaves takes a lot longer than I thought, and I gotta do an axle and brakes on my fiances car before I work on mine to make some room in there.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I need to get in that mood. It’s eventually gonna wear a hole in mine if I don’t trim it. I can probably get some high leverage dikes and cut the tip off is what I’m thinking.
Lower the lights. Light a candle. Put on some slow jams. Lay under your car and get in the mood. Crank on stuff. Twist things. Get dikes involved if you need to.

Just do it.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Okay so... my car ran great for two whole days aside from the new suspension clunk that I'm 75% sure is a swaybar end link.

Today a coil-pack shit itself. So that's cool.

I wonder what will be next... the alternator? Water pump?