GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I want loud catback, what catback i should get?

Gateway

Hey, so i recently bought Golf R Mk6 but im not happy with stock exhaust. This sound is just too quiet to me and dsg farts are so small. I want catback with loud sound and awesome dsg farts. Im not planning to tune car so yeah just catback, no downpipe. Also loud idle would be cool. Let me know, thanks.

Also pst i live in finland, cat delete is not option. Finland is like California but worst in this stuff haha. Feel free to recommend me also straight catback :)

Last edited:

wireless

Ready to race!
I was the same. I even put an aftermarket catback on my Golf R but… too quiet.
I ended up going back to the stock catback (which is valved) with some aftermarket exhaust tips, and a catted down pipe. I like how it sounds

All of this being said - I would suggest something like AWE Touring. It’ll work great, fitment is great, and it’ll open it up a bit - just don’t expect it to be even remotely loud, unless there’s something drastically different with our cars in NA.

Gateway

I was the same. I even put an aftermarket catback on my Golf R but… too quiet.
I ended up going back to the stock catback (which is valved) with some aftermarket exhaust tips, and a catted down pipe. I like how it sounds

All of this being said - I would suggest something like AWE Touring. It’ll work great, fitment is great, and it’ll open it up a bit - just don’t expect it to be even remotely loud, unless there’s something drastically different with our cars in NA.
It will give me loud farts? Because i love them.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Hey, so i recently bought Golf R Mk6 but im not happy with stock exhaust. This sound is just too quiet to me and dsg farts are so small. I want catback with loud sound and awesome dsg farts. Im not planning to tune car so yeah just catback, no downpipe. Also loud idle would be cool. Let me know, thanks.

Also pst i live in finland, cat delete is not option. Finland is like California but worst in this stuff haha. Feel free to recommend me also straight catback :)

So cat delete isn't an option, but what about a downpipe with a smaller-than-stock cat? The stock downpipe has a medium-sized cat right at turbo outlet, and then a big one further down. They kill a good amount of the sound both for general exhaust and for DSG farts.

Gateway

So cat delete isn't an option, but what about a downpipe with a smaller-than-stock cat? The stock downpipe has a medium-sized cat right at turbo outlet, and then a big one further down. They kill a good amount of the sound both for general exhaust and for DSG farts.
I think problem with this would be too high emissions in car checking and cel light. I dont wanna tune car, so i cant delete cel Light.

Last edited:

tulip

Ready to race!
Cutout for the win!!

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I think problem with this would be too high emissions in car checking and cel light. I dont wanna tune car, so i cant delete cel Light.

It is possible to use a small cat and not get a CEL, there are a few people here who have done that.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Gateway

This.

Have a muffler shop weld one in for you.
I think we dont have muffler Shop at Finland or i just cant find. We usually have just car centers and exhaust sellers. They both different and pricing per hour is 50-150€ depends on what place will go. Some of them are very bad, low quality and only school boys work there. Thats why i prefer something already made so i just purchase it and istall, any recommendations? Sorry my english is bad :)

Gateway

It is possible to use a small cat and not get a CEL, there are a few people here who have done that.
What you mean by small cat? Can i have link?

In what i have read, some cars will give cel lights even with stock cats in bigger downpipe because of air flow. I dont know how True is that.In

my previous car golf gti mk5 i used downpipe 3" with 1x sport catalysator (200 cel). I got cel Light then i needed change back to stock, so much problems thats why im now scared of downpipe and other cats.

Last edited:

tulip

Ready to race!
I think we dont have muffler Shop at Finland or i just cant find. We usually have just car centers and exhaust sellers. They both different and pricing per hour is 50-150€ depends on what place will go. Some of them are very bad, low quality and only school boys work there. Thats why i prefer something already made so i just purchase it and istall, any recommendations? Sorry my english is bad :)
A cutout is 1. pretty cheap compared to an entire catback 2. useful as you can go from quiet to pretty loud quickly 3. not too hard to set up, I'd call a shop. Even if it's a basic shop, they should be able to do it for you without any issues..

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
What you mean by small cat? Can i have link?

In what i have read, some cars will give cel lights even with stock cats in bigger downpipe because of air flow. I dont know how True is that.In

my previous car golf gti mk5 i used downpipe 3" with 1x sport catalysator (200 cel). I got cel Light then i needed change back to stock, so much problems thats why im now scared of downpipe and other cats.

It would be like the 3" you had on your Mk5. If that's a 200 cell, the stock is like a 1000 cell.

Yes, a catted 3" could cause a CEL, but I know of several people on this forum who use them and managed to "trick" the ECU into not giving them a CEL - without a tune. Using the right combination of Oxy sensor spacers, the ECU still receives "correct" readings.