GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Are they adjustable endlinks?
Yup, they’re the ones you told me were shit after I had purchased them (SuperPro). I guessed they wouldn’t last forever, but I figured they’d go for a few oil changes.

I was careful to orient the top and bottom ball joints at the proper angle relative to each other before tightening them so they could properly articulate and took all the preload out of the bar. Not sure what I could have done otherwise as far as install errors go

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yup, they’re the ones you told me were shit after I had purchased them (SuperPro). I guessed they wouldn’t last forever, but I figured they’d go for a few oil changes.

I was careful to orient the top and bottom ball joints at the proper angle relative to each other before tightening them so they could properly articulate and took all the preload out of the bar. Not sure what I could have done otherwise as far as install errors go
Twist them a half turn shortening them and go for a drive to see if it goes away

torga

Autocross Champion
How difficult are they to install? And if you don't mind my asking, how much did you buy them for and where?

I want to get new headlights at some point, but I'd like to upgrade to LED.

I bought them from a member here for about $360, which is an unrealistic price for a solid set of these headlights. The lenses were pitted/peeled, so I had to spend time refinishing them. The aux power cables were clearly messed with, so I redid those with proper insulated connections and heat shrink. One of the buttons that switch between static and sequential turns is stuck on static mode (which I don't mind, tbh). And I can tell one of the housings has been resealed in the past.
I'm actually dealing with a bit of an electrical issue with them, but I'm not sure yet whether the issue lies within my car's harness, or within the headlight itself -- still working on this. So yeah, got 'em for a deal, but I am spending time on them. Whatever the issue is, I'm happy to work on it, because these lights are fantastic and worth getting to 100% shape.

As for general headlight install on these cars, EZPZ. If you've never done it before, plan on 2-3 hours.

I've had my SuperPro endlinks installed for nearly a year now. One of the rear ones did start clunking, but that just ended up being a loosened sway bar nut. As far as I'm aware, the endlink joints themselves are still good.

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Finally installed a neuspeed RSB that I bought off another member many months ago. Got it on "soft" setting for now. Also replaced the driver's door window switch unit that was broken- you couldn't roll up or down the 2 front windows which was super annoying. This December I'll have owned this car for 7 years, which is kinda crazy.
PXL_20211129_003116395.jpg

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Finally installed a neuspeed RSB that I bought off another member many months ago. Got it on "soft" setting for now. Also replaced the driver's door window switch unit that was broken- you couldn't roll up or down the 2 front windows which was super annoying. This December I'll have owned this car for 7 years, which is kinda crazy.View attachment 231636
RSB is a great upgrade! It made a very noticeable difference in my car when I did the 034 years ago.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Finally installed a neuspeed RSB that I bought off another member many months ago. Got it on "soft" setting for now. Also replaced the driver's door window switch unit that was broken- you couldn't roll up or down the 2 front windows which was super annoying. This December I'll have owned this car for 7 years, which is kinda crazy.View attachment 231636
When my endlinks started clunking i put my RSB on the soft setting for awhile till I fixed the problem, when I put it back on stiff I was like 'hell yeah'.

It is so much better on the stiff setting is what I mean

torga

Autocross Champion
Been doing some troubleshooting and found out something very aggravating. Unless all doors are unlocked, OBDeleven locks you out from even looking at the CECM data. Can't read codes, can't change anything related to CECM, just does not communicate. Seems obtuse.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Been doing some troubleshooting and found out something very aggravating. Unless all doors are unlocked, OBDeleven locks you out from even looking at the CECM data. Can't read codes, can't change anything related to CECM, just does not communicate. Seems ob
Odd, I havent run into that at all. Ive definitely have done long coding on central electronics while door have been locked

JNF1283

I bought them from a member here for about $360, which is an unrealistic price for a solid set of these headlights. The lenses were pitted/peeled, so I had to spend time refinishing them. The aux power cables were clearly messed with, so I redid those with proper insulated connections and heat shrink. One of the buttons that switch between static and sequential turns is stuck on static mode (which I don't mind, tbh). And I can tell one of the housings has been resealed in the past.
I'm actually dealing with a bit of an electrical issue with them, but I'm not sure yet whether the issue lies within my car's harness, or within the headlight itself -- still working on this. So yeah, got 'em for a deal, but I am spending time on them. Whatever the issue is, I'm happy to work on it, because these lights are fantastic and worth getting to 100% shape.

As for general headlight install on these cars, EZPZ. If you've never done it before, plan on 2-3 hours.

I've had my SuperPro endlinks installed for nearly a year now. One of the rear ones did start clunking, but that just ended up being a loosened sway bar nut. As far as I'm aware, the endlink joints themselves are still good.
I love my Osram Xenarcs. They made such a huge difference in driving at night over the original halogen headlights and they look fantastic. I bought mine new from Auto Parts Europe. They were a bit pricey at ~$880 shipped at the time, but I have no regrets. If I hadn't opted for them, I probably would've gone with a set of oem R headlights and if my memory serves me correctly would've been ~$1300 because of the controller required with them?

torga

Autocross Champion
Oof, well. Unfortunately, the Osram lights I just installed immediately started giving me issues. For anyone curious to learn the problem or if anyone has any tips, I made a post here.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I was able to do some extended freeway driving today; 50 miles total. The new suspension (Racingline cup kit) had settled nicely to a point the slight harshness was pretty much gone. Very stock-like ride. I guess the Triple tube technology is no gimmick! With the front and rear sway bars and deadset kits, the car handles really well.