GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(SOLD) Building a MK6 R, consider buying this boatload of parts.

MRRiley

Hi all,

That was me. GIACUser was great to deal with, I tried to keep him posted on my travels from the Midwest. When I was within range, a couple of hours, I gave him a call and was greeted with "Stop on by" so I did! The car is everything I hoped it would be. I'll get a different thread started when I get the actual "path forward" in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again GIACUser!

Last edited:

MRRiley

Just wanted to toss this out there, car is back to life as of today. Only about 20 miles on it, getting it aligned after dropping the front subframe for the trans fix. I think the phrase "traction limited" will certainly apply!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Just wanted to toss this out there, car is back to life as of today. Only about 20 miles on it, getting it aligned after dropping the front subframe for the trans fix. I think the phrase "traction limited" will certainly apply!
It lives! congratulations!!! So happy somebody came to rescue the project. It is a beast.

fishyGTI

Is everything sold? I would be interested in the Aquamist and the Manifold with the ports.

MRRiley

Figure this is a s good a place as anywhere to provide a status update. As noted back in December the car is plated, running and driving. I have made a couple of changes to better fit my intended use. First a seat riser, up about 3/4 of an inch. Could probably use some more but at least I can see over the dash!

Next swapped the 034 solid engine and trans mounts with BFI stage 2, the green centers. This change allow isolation of an exhaust vibration where is was making contact with one of the chassis braces. A minor clearance and it might, just might pass as an occasional daily.

Next up is sorting the aqua-mist and probably getting a different tune on it. My guys here think mid 400's on gas alone is within the realm of possibility. We'll see!

PS - If anyone is interested the 034 solid mounts are available. Drop me a PM!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Figure this is a s good a place as anywhere to provide a status update. As noted back in December the car is plated, running and driving. I have made a couple of changes to better fit my intended use. First a seat riser, up about 3/4 of an inch. Could probably use some more but at least I can see over the dash!

Next swapped the 034 solid engine and trans mounts with BFI stage 2, the green centers. This change allow isolation of an exhaust vibration where is was making contact with one of the chassis braces. A minor clearance and it might, just might pass as an occasional daily.

Next up is sorting the aqua-mist and probably getting a different tune on it. My guys here think mid 400's on gas alone is within the realm of possibility. We'll see!

PS - If anyone is interested the 034 solid mounts are available. Drop me a PM!
Yes, another forum member with same setup in Golf R had UM tune the car on gas only to around 450whp. Glad to see you are making progress and can now see over the wheel. Haha