CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Trump admin cut IRS workforce by 25%. That's why they still have 6 million returns that haven't been processed from last year and have pretty much stopped investigating tax fraud.

They are hiring a ton right now.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
But they pay well and have great benefits

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
But they pay well and have great benefits

Not really. Civil service doesn't pay as well as everyone thinks. The benefits used to be really good, which made up for less pay they civil sector, but those have been whittled away too. My wife retired from Civil service last year.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not really. Civil service does pay as well as everyone thinks. The benefits used to be really good, which made up for less pay they civil sector, but those have been whittled away too. My wife retired from Civil service last year.

I was thinking for someone with no education and you can make $20+/hr (this was pre 2020, probably more now) with medical is not too bad

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Not really. Civil service does pay as well as everyone thinks. The benefits used to be really good, which made up for less pay they civil sector, but those have been whittled away too. My wife retired from Civil service last year.

Depends on where you are. I received an offer from a medical insurance company. The pay was much better, but can’t touch the benefits.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was thinking for someone with no education and you can make $20+/hr (this was pre 2020, probably more now) with medical is not too bad

Sure, but look at the requirements for most jobs. MBA with 15 years experience, they'll offer GS-9 and pay you less than $60k year starting. Some areas get location pay, but not where we live.

And I haven't looked in a couple of years, but lower level GS -3 to GS - 5 weren't making $20/hr. I could be wrong, again, haven't looked in a couple years.

I almost took a job with CS after retiring doing medical clearances for PRP program, but I didn't need medical benefits and I make a lot more in the private sector.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

Buddy of mine started as a GS4 in 2013. Has been a GS13 for a few years now making north of $100k. Not bad for a dude with a GED and no college. 🤣

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Buddy of mine started as a GS4 in 2013. Has been a GS13 for a few years now making north of $100k. Not bad for a dude with a GED and no college. 🤣

He was making $7.25/hr as a GS - 3 though. It's not easy going from handing out basketballs at the gym to GS-13 without a masters degree, unless you have some highly specialized skill from your time in the service that they can't find in the general public. That's the exception, not the rule. The GS workforce is highly, highly educated as a whole.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's crazy reading how little some people make a year, especially for their positions with the amount of work they do and the amount of money they bring in for their company. I've been seeing some crazy stories on /r/antiwork.

There's too many assholes in positions of power. Oh your grandma died and you need a day off to attend the funeral? No can do, it'll affect our productivity rate too much and that's more important.

zrickety

The Fixer
Heard y'all been talkin' bout me...

1642110258102.png

Status
Not open for further replies.