GolNat

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
I never tightened in that pattern and all 4 have been fine lol

I've only had to replace my PCV once, so this statement made me ugly laugh lol

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did you replace the inside diaphragm piece with the heavy duty one?
Replacing that does not require the removal of the whole pcv plate

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Replacing that does not require the removal of the whole pcv plate

Right. I’d upgrade the insides if I replaced the whole PCV assembly tho.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Oh shit there was an order to tighten those? Well, it hasn’t blow up yet so…
Never would have thought about a pattern on that. I just snugged 'em all down in no particular order

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I don't think testing will ruin anything, do you know if these pumps use the gas to cool the motor brushes? Are their motor brushes in these?
I just read that distilled water would work as it's nonconductive and or mineral spirits/stoddard solvent.
I'm not sure if they do or not. I was only gonna run it for a few seconds just to make sure the fuel line wasn't leaking and that the solder job didn't cause any sparks when it got power. I'll grab some distilled water and test it out sometime this week

jedred1

jedred1
Did you replace the inside diaphragm piece with the heavy duty one?
I replaced it because of an oil leak. The diaphragm was fine with no squealing. But now I think the oil leak might be coming from my camshaft position sensor. I’m not getting any codes just a slow weeping oil leak. Maybe I should just look for a new gasket/o-ring. it's looking kind of like this. I clean it and its back in a weekish like time.

Last edited:

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Replaced the fuel filter over the weekend along with the PCV front breather hose since the insulated sleeve was super tattered.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion