GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone else have the subframe mount bracket on their downpipe fail? Ultimate racing downpipe, the little hanger that runs between the subframe bracket and the downpipe itself just snapped. Not sure when.

I don't really see a reason it needs to be there honestly

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Anyone else have the subframe mount bracket on their downpipe fail? Ultimate racing downpipe, the little hanger that runs between the subframe bracket and the downpipe itself just snapped. Not sure when.

Do you have upgraded mounts?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
So that was the original plan when I had the YCW coils since the adjustment was done with 2 allen keys in there. With the ground control though I just loosen those three bolts and then can adjust the camber that way. you can see here the slots cut into the plate.
Got it

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have upgraded mounts?
Yeah, 034 mounts and a dogbone insert. Thinking more I bet it failed when the original engine/trans mount went all sloppy.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I ignored my GTI and drove my wife's Cruze. Helga isn't happy, she's making a nasty tapping noise. :(

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

You want it on there. The motor mounts flexing will damage your flex pipe on the downpipe over time if it's not secured.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Finally found a shop near me that had the exhaust gaskets so I went out and got the cat and downpipe installed. No issues, but it's always a pain doing it, I wish I went with a full V-band exhaust.

Also started the install on the stratified aux fuel kit. I won't be able to finish it until the motor is in the car but the rest is really just plugging in sensors. I think the only irreversible modification is snipping the fuel line from the LPFP a few inches, besides that it's all plug and play. The fit and finish on it is really nice.
Charge pipe with the injector:

Fuel line from the injector to the HPFP/LPFP, the oem fuel line goes on the T:

Add-a-fuse:

The actual controller for the kit:

Included boost tap for the controller:

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
You want it on there. The motor mounts flexing will damage your flex pipe on the downpipe over time if it's not secured.
Thanks, I'll get it welded up ASAP. Probably won't cost much at a muffler shop

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
20220718_172247.jpg

Flywheel resurfaced, new RMS, clutch, pressure plate and TOB are in. Transmission is roughly in place, I'm going to mount it up tomorrow when I've got a second set of hands to help.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
added a zero performance, strictly noise making DV spacer. even though i know everyone immediately will say, "don't do that. no performance value. just get dv+. just get intake. etc. etc." While that may be true. I wanted more whoosh noises because even though I'm in my 30s, I'm still a child at heart and I want my car to go vroom and whoosh, lol.

That being said, man, the DV is hard to access! I got 2 of the 3 screws off pretty easily, but man.. that third screw had me struggling! I have big arms/hands and i just couldn't get leverage on the allen key i was using. Too bad we don't have it as easily accessible as the mk7s do.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
added a zero performance, strictly noise making DV spacer. even though i know everyone immediately will say, "don't do that. no performance value. just get dv+. just get intake. etc. etc." While that may be true. I wanted more whoosh noises because even though I'm in my 30s, I'm still a child at heart and I want my car to go vroom and whoosh, lol.

That being said, man, the DV is hard to access! I got 2 of the 3 screws off pretty easily, but man.. that third screw had me struggling! I have big arms/hands and i just couldn't get leverage on the allen key i was using. Too bad we don't have it as easily accessible as the mk7s do.

Get some socket Allen’s. Much better then L-keys.