GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Flashed back to stock. I’ll drive it around easy later today and see what happens. I’m sure it will run like trash but I’ll try to keep it out of boost.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Flashed back to stock. I’ll drive it around easy later today and see what happens. I’m sure it will run like trash but I’ll try to keep it out of boost.

FWIW I passed CT inspection on Uni Stg 2.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion

LouHay

Hi there, i have been engine swapping my mk6. I replaced the original engine with another cbfa from a 2009 mk5. This mk5 engine however was connected to a dsg. My vehicle is manual. After swapping over the flywheel i realized that my clutch alignment tool did not fit. does this mean i won't be able to attach my transmission to this new engine? I am afraid the input shaft will collide since there is no longer a hollowed-out space behind the flywheel.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
OEM MK6 GTI 16" steelies won't fit onto a '19 GTI SE due to the performance pack brakes, right? I have a set with Blizzaks for winter and I'd love to use them.

Red888

Hey guys. I have a stupid question. I’m about a month into my ownership of a 2010 gti. The car came with a TVS DSG tune, an aftermarket catback & a decatted stock DP. I’m about to get my ecu flash in 2 days with revo (stage 2 map) as the dealer is having a flash sale. My question is, I have ordered the S3 IC, CTS TOP, CTS TB pipe, R8 coilpack & a forge DV. Will installing all these hardwares after getting the ecu flash cause the software to “malfunction” or not run as how it’s suppose to? The hardwares will take about a month+ to reach so no hope getting the hardwares install prior to the flash.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Hey guys. I have a stupid question. I’m about a month into my ownership of a 2010 gti. The car came with a TVS DSG tune, an aftermarket catback & a decatted stock DP. I’m about to get my ecu flash in 2 days with revo (stage 2 map) as the dealer is having a flash sale. My question is, I have ordered the S3 IC, CTS TOP, CTS TB pipe, R8 coilpack & a forge DV. Will installing all these hardwares after getting the ecu flash cause the software to “malfunction” or not run as how it’s suppose to? The hardwares will take about a month+ to reach so no hope getting the hardwares install prior to the flash.

To answer your question, those are all complementary bits of hardware and shouldn't cause issues with the tune assuming they're installed correctly.

If I were you, I'd look very closely at your downpipe before flashing the Stg2 tune... I'm not sure how you could de-cat it since the first cat is quite literally part of the flange that connects the DP to the turbo. It's also skinny compared to aftermarket DPs meant to be used with Stg2 tunes and still may not flow enough even if somehow you did take out the first cat.

Red888

To answer your question, those are all complementary bits of hardware and shouldn't cause issues with the tune assuming they're installed correctly.

If I were you, I'd look very closely at your downpipe before flashing the Stg2 tune... I'm not sure how you could de-cat it since the first cat is quite literally part of the flange that connects the DP to the turbo. It's also skinny compared to aftermarket DPs meant to be used with Stg2 tunes and still may not flow enough even if somehow you did take out the first cat.
Great. I was worried the hardwares will cause issues with the map. The first cat was knocked out to bits and the secondary cat was cut open and dismantled. Welded back everything nice. It was done by the previous owner. But I do have a 3” catless DP that I could run but the authorities from where Im from hunts down “modified” cars like we’re serial criminals. Once caught, we’ll be slap with a fine that cost a grand. 😂 so many of us here run decatted OEM DP

DukeLeto

My stupid question. I have a2010 GTI and am getting ready to do her first carbon clean at 130,000. I was debating on going ahead and replacing the manifold since it was off but not sure which one I have. The only numbers I can find are 133 185. I'm not getting any codes for the intake but after seeing all the failures I figured may as well but having to upgrade the fuel rail also just isn't in the budget since I'm doing the timing chain also. I figure worse case is reuse the old one and if it goes, well I'll have some experience changing it

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My stupid question. I have a2010 GTI and am getting ready to do her first carbon clean at 130,000. I was debating on going ahead and replacing the manifold since it was off but not sure which one I have. The only numbers I can find are 133 185. I'm not getting any codes for the intake but after seeing all the failures I figured may as well but having to upgrade the fuel rail also just isn't in the budget since I'm doing the timing chain also. I figure worse case is reuse the old one and if it goes, well I'll have some experience changing it
Might be worth getting an intake manifold gasket in case the one on there is crap when you pull it off.