GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Lil ugly ass bitch

1659811261164.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
ftfy

Bolded and Lloyd

Driveway project is done! It came out looking good for an amateur. Hopefully it will compact more so it doesn't get killed by the plow
You can answer a question that came to mind for me today. What do you do about clearing snow on a gravel drive? I assume you can't use a snow blower because it'll just spit everything up and get destroyed in the process and a plow would just push all your gravel around

cb1111

You can answer a question that came to mind for me today. What do you do about clearing snow on a gravel drive? I assume you can't use a snow blower because it'll just spit everything up and get destroyed in the process and a plow would just push all your gravel around
Clearing snow on a gravel drive is not easy (don't ask me how I know). You need to have somebody that can scrape off the top layer of snow while leaving a bit over the gravel. A normal plow will just dig into the gravel and make a mess - no matter how well it is compacted.

zrickety

The Fixer

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Gravel: you use plow feet and raise snow blower up as high as you can. Don't try for clear just leave an inch or two. It's easier when ground is frozen early/late snows are a hassle. It also helps if you are not obsessive about plowing or your yard. Normally in spring you have to do some raking.

Much of my driveway is shady, it's on a hill with a couple of turns. It can be like a luge run. UPS often won't deliver in winter so I either ship to work or my neighbors.

Reminder at $10 sq foot for blacktop it would be $70,000+

Privacy is expensive

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

Gravel: you use plow feet and raise snow blower up as high as you can. Don't try for clear just leave an inch or two. It's easier when ground is frozen early/late snows are a hassle. It also helps if you are not obsessive about plowing or your yard. Normally in spring you have to do some raking.

Much of my driveway is shady, it's on a hill with a couple of turns. It can be like a luge run. UPS often won't deliver in winter so I either ship to work or my neighbors.

Reminder at $10 sq foot for blacktop it would be $70,000+

Privacy is expensive
OR own a bulldozer. I grew up with a gravel driveway, but lived next door to my grandfather who owned his own excavating company, so he'd just float the bulldozer blade an inch or so and clear it for us in 5 minutes.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Dead round these parts.

It is 80° here at 5:37 am. :(

The thread shall be renamed HSB until the end of the summer. That is all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.