GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 6 GTD Trunk letter position - how/where?

eddie.s

Hey, does anyone know if Volkswagen have some kind of official drawings for exact GTD letter position? Some previous owner removed the letters, but I want to attach them back, but the problem is I don't know where exactly they should be, what the spacing should be etc.

JOHNDERS2586

Ready to race!
I doubt there are specs to exact placement but usually the GTI is in the bottom left corner of the hatch as you likely already know..Sort of centered under the brake light.. May be best to find another GTI an grab some quick measurements if it bothers you that much.. If it's in the right general area I doubt 99.9 % of people would know if it was slightly off..

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hey, does anyone know if Volkswagen have some kind of official drawings for exact GTD letter position? Some previous owner removed the letters, but I want to attach them back, but the problem is I don't know where exactly they should be, what the spacing should be etc.

i took these a long time ago thinking it might be useful since i was debadging. I believe that GTI and GTD have identical placement.

eddie.s

i took these a long time ago thinking it might be useful since i was debadging. I believe that GTI and GTD have identical placement.
Dude, this is exactly what I needed, thanks! So pretty much looks like I could use painters tape to create a frame straight (or just top and left edge) and them simply stick the letters on all at once.

Can you confirm if I read the inches correctly? Especially the measurement from the left edge. I'm EU, so kind of not familiar with US measurements:

From top edge: 1 inch/2.54 cm
From left edge: 1.25 inches/3.175 cm

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Dude, this is exactly what I needed, thanks! So pretty much looks like I could use painters tape to create a frame straight (or just top and left edge) and them simply stick the letters on all at once.

Can you confirm if I read the inches correctly? Especially the measurement from the left edge. I'm EU, so kind of not familiar with US measurements:

From top edge: 1 inch/2.54 cm
From left edge: 1.25 inches/3.175 cm
Happy to help.

Your measurements in inches Look to be correct. This may not be exact but this will get you quite close.

I'll leave the converting to metric units to you. But as I said this will get you really close.