GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6 Speed not disengaging completely when driven hot

guvyks93

Hi guys. I drive a Golf Mk6 GTi. Bone stock. It has a 6spd DSG box. When the car has been driven and has heated up, the DSG behaves strangely... When I come to a stop and the brake is pressed fully, it feels like the car is driving. Does not feel like the clutch is disengaged, even though my foot is depressing the brake pedal fully. This only happens when the car has been driven for an 1 hour and has heated up. When the car is cold it doesn't do this! Look forward to hearing from you guys?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hi guys. I drive a Golf Mk6 GTi. Bone stock. It has a 6spd DSG box. When the car has been driven and has heated up, the DSG behaves strangely... When I come to a stop and the brake is pressed fully, it feels like the car is driving. Does not feel like the clutch is disengaged, even though my foot is depressing the brake pedal fully. This only happens when the car has been driven for an 1 hour and has heated up. When the car is cold it doesn't do this! Look forward to hearing from you guys?
When was the last time your had the transmission serviced? What about brakes / rotors / brake fluid changes?