GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I've done so many carbon cleanings for vw's, that looks "about" right for 30k maybe a little on the heavy side. Drive your car harder 😉 that'll keep the carbon away.
do you think that actually works? LOL... I mean it'll only dump more fuel and I don't think it gets rid of ALL carbon build up on the valves... maybe a little... not a lot...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
do you think that actually works? LOL... I mean it'll only dump more fuel and I don't think it gets rid of ALL carbon build up on the valves... maybe a little... not a lot...
100% yes. It's not the fuel because fuel never hits the valves on a direct injection motor. It's the heat from driving hard in above 4k rpms that helps burn off the carbon and keep them cleaner.

Water meth if you really want to keep them clean.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
That is way excessive, I am pretty maintenance OCD and I don't spend that much on ALL my Euro cars put together. Heck, if I counted 3 sets of track tires every year I'd still fall short. That's like buying a new engine and trans ever

Oh yeah, for sure. I did get photos, I just didn't have them on my work computer. Here's the before and after. Either the carbon cleaning I got almost 30K wasn't done well (Didn't get pictures that time) or I had more build up than I expected in that amount of time.

10-15 sounds like a lot; if I could I'd save about 2-3k as a goal. I haven't had many major things happen in one year.

well I seen my parents struggle with car repairs ever since I was a kid (car repairs on a damn cheap ass Toyota, yes TOYOTA), so I developed childhood trauma where I want to have plenty of funds (CAD$/$USD) set aside for car repairs regardless of make/model of the vehicle... I remember times where my dad rubbed POTATO (cut in half) on the windshield to reflect rain water lol because the wiper motor failed, and another time where he blasted the heater because the cooling system failed... weird... feels just like yesterday.

My parents are immigrants and they immigrated to Canada in the 90's, now we are doing much better, and he is spending money on a BMW (Bring My Wallet) so we are in a way better situation now, and I as a Son make sure he doesn't go to the wrong shop for his BMW repairs/maintenance AND I will make sure I provide my parents financial freedom to do whatever they please... whenever they want. It's only a matter of time. Sorry about the rant... it's childhood trauma I'll never get over even with all this money in my pocket/bank accounts. No, I do not need therapy, I just need more BOOST #TurboSwitchinLanes ;)

The struggles from my past made me a better person and I will continue to be a better person and make sure all the machines (cars) in my life stay better and become the best (as long as it is under my ownership).

We going straight to the top #penthouseviews #billionairesRow

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
100% yes. It's not the fuel because fuel never hits the valves on a direct injection motor. It's the heat from driving hard in above 4k rpms that helps burn off the carbon and keep them cleaner.

Water meth if you really want to keep them clean.
oh... crap... I need to understand these cars a lot more... OK I am buying a water+meth injection kit folks.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
The nightmares I see from those of you running meth has completely turned me off the idea lmao I really used to think it was ezpz
please elaborate lol wdym nightmares...

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I've done so many carbon cleanings for vw's, that looks "about" right for 30k maybe a little on the heavy side. Drive your car harder 😉 that'll keep the carbon away.

I really need to grab a borescope camera cause I am way curious on what mine look like, at 72k and don't believe the PO ever did one. Figure the regular track events must have helped at least some but planning to have it done the end of this season.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
He's talking about installation errors from people not researching the right way to install them. All of the w/m kits are universal so you have to know enough to be able to apply their instructions to your specific car.
I don't remember specific complaints but I feel like I've seen a couple people here talking about diagnosing w/m problems.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Today I replaced ALL fluids (brake fluid, coolant, MT gearbox fluid, and engine oil).

Excluding windshield washer fluid.

Getting ready for the summer heat up north in Canada! 🇨🇦

I plan to flush and refill the brake fluid every two years.

Coolant every 3/4 years.

MT gear box fluid every 2 years.

Engine oil based off how many KM’s driven and condition of the engine oil.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Today I replaced ALL fluids (brake fluid, coolant, MT gearbox fluid, and engine oil).

Hey, here's a question, and open to everyone who's changed their MT fluid. Were there sealing washers on the plugs for the transmission? When I changed mine after buying the car I ordered the magnetic ones for the drain and the fill port from ECS, the plugs are 22mm and they sent 27mm washers, so I just reused the ones I had to get the car up and running again. They were leaking though, and worse than I realized I guess. I just went to drain and fill again since mine is heavily tracked tried to order the correct washers from FCP....they sent me another set of 27mm and actually said on the bag "DSG".

Just called the dealer and they stated it shows no sealing washers serviced for my car, so I am wondering if they don't require it (weird but I have seen it) and the previous owner just put some on there because he thought there should be some.

Just trying to decide if I should try to find some copper ones at Menards or not to use one at all based on the info the parts guy was seeing.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Hey, here's a question, and open to everyone who's changed their MT fluid. Were there sealing washers on the plugs for the transmission? When I changed mine after buying the car I ordered the magnetic ones for the drain and the fill port from ECS, the plugs are 22mm and they sent 27mm washers, so I just reused the ones I had to get the car up and running again. They were leaking though, and worse than I realized I guess. I just went to drain and fill again since mine is heavily tracked tried to order the correct washers from FCP....they sent me another set of 27mm and actually said on the bag "DSG".

Just called the dealer and they stated it shows no sealing washers serviced for my car, so I am wondering if they don't require it (weird but I have seen it) and the previous owner just put some on there because he thought there should be some.

Just trying to decide if I should try to find some copper ones at Menards or not to use one at all based on the info the parts guy was seeing.
I have no idea... I brought it to a VW/Audi specialized shop to get all the fluids flushed and refilled.

I'm sure someone else will chime in and answer your question.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
I actually do probably need to drive it a little harder. As I've gotten older, I don't feel the "need for speed" as much, but for the sake of the car I'll make the sacrifice lol.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I actually do probably need to drive it a little harder. As I've gotten older, I don't feel the "need for speed" as much, but for the sake of the car I'll make the sacrifice lol.
"I'm sorry officer, you see these cars are proned to carbon buildup and doing multiple 30-130 WOT pulls every day is the best way to keep the engine healthy. Thank you for understanding, now am I free to go?"

zrickety

The Fixer
I really need to grab a borescope camera cause I am way curious on what mine look like, at 72k and don't believe the PO ever did one. Figure the regular track events must have helped at least some but planning to have it done the end of this season.
I make daily driving a regular track event, that seems to work pretty well lol
Just replaced the coolant expansion tank after a low level warning last week. Top nipple was leaking, this is the 4th plastic cooling part to fail. They are the Achilles heel of all modern cars. I'm waiting for the plastic pipes to the water pump to go bad next.