Last edited:

jnj2455

Ready to race!

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
PXL_20230526_205557639.jpg

Carwash 👍 always takes forever so while I'm in line I usually mess with my radar detector, the power cord of which is giving me a nightmare of a fight.
The cigarette lighter plug that came with the radar detector was getting worn out and I had wanted to hardwire it anyway, so I bought a kit that has never worked right. Maybe I'll try to make my own harness for it and my cameras.

PXL_20230526_214418420.jpg

Got my new taillights and they're mint 👌 I do wish the turn signal used the inner light and not just the outer, but alas. Love the way they look and they compliment my headlights well.

PXL_20230526_221713795.jpg

PXL_20230527_023159978.jpg
PXL_20230527_022940393.jpg
PXL_20230527_023235056.jpg

Last edited:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Carwash 👍 always takes forever so while I'm in line I usually mess with my radar detector, the power cord of which is giving me a nightmare of a fight.
The cigarette lighter plug that came with the radar detector was getting worn out and I had wanted to hardwire it anyway, so I bought a kit that has never worked right. Maybe I'll try to make my own harness for it and my cameras.

Got my new taillights and they're mint 👌 I do wish the turn signal used the inner light and not just the outer, but alas. Love the way they look and they compliment my headlights well.

View attachment 282268
Nice! Are those the Osram tails? I was eying those until I found some OEM LED tails for a good price. The promo pics led me to believe that the Osram ones weren't as bright as stock ones, but it could have just been the pictures...

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Nice! Are those the Osram tails? I was eying those until I found some OEM LED tails for a good price. The promo pics led me to believe that the Osram ones weren't as bright as stock ones, but it could have just been the pictures...
I don't have any way to quantify or measure the brightness, but they seem as bright as stock, and I've found LED taillights in general easier to see. I was stuck between those two as well, but I never actually thought the OEM LED style matched my desired look quite as well.

Also, having seen more examples of cheap lights having coding issues, I'm twice as pleased that I bought quality tails. I started installing these as my gf ordered pizzas and had them working 20 min later to pick them up 😎

Last edited:

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Swapped the DSG knob, boot, and bezel. All because the chrome shifter center trim cracked and VW doesn’t sell a replacement…Just the whole unit.

Oh well. Old piece was worn anyway

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0328.jpeg
    IMG_0328.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Swapped the DSG knob, boot, and bezel. All because the chrome shifter center trim cracked and VW doesn’t sell a replacement…Just the whole unit.

Oh well. Old piece was worn anyway

How difficult was that swap out? I'd like to change the shift lever in my poverty spec car to that fancy golf ball type.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
How difficult was that swap out? I'd like to change the shift lever in my poverty spec car to that fancy golf ball type.
Not hard at all and can be down without any tools. Swapped it all in under 15min. There’s a bunch of guides on the YouTube. Hardest part is to get the lifter pin in place, but I put a paper clip around it and fished through the shift job to help lift.

Paid $250 shipped for the whole assembly from Ancira VW of Laredo. Best price BY far that could find. All the major retailers wanted $350-400ish

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info. I need to change mine as well; the golf ball section of my shifter is all scratched up and peeling so I want to replace it in the near future.