GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 1ashchuckton

1. 1ashchuckton

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I'm pretty sure you dodged a bullet there. Very glad Mr Fukomoto didn't get you. I hate those damned things. Normal drain plugs rule.
  2. 1ashchuckton

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

I have always thought a clean car runs better. Always had a clean rally car & clean race car, but that's just me. That being said plenty of dirty cars blew my doors off. o_O
  3. 1ashchuckton

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

After I replaced the plugs on my Forester XT I did need some nap time. Worst plug change I've ever done. :sleep:
  4. 1ashchuckton

ChiChat19: Thread Circling The Drain As Locals Flee IL

I understand your feelings. At one time I felt the same way. The powers that be are pretty good here. Now at the ripe age of 71 living in a condo is really great.
  5. 1ashchuckton

Seeing this is lawn chat, damn I'm so glad to live in my condo. Every Wednesday a crew comes & does the yard work.
  6. 1ashchuckton

Aftermarket stereo?

As far as CD changers go most if not all stereos now come with a SD card slot. You can put a crazy amount of music on an SD card. When I went to an RCD360 I thought I'd miss the CD slot. I don't at all.
  7. 1ashchuckton

Many scene points, but then you lose some due to dirty carpets. But since you have a track rat car you cancel out those dirty carpets. ;)
  8. 1ashchuckton

The best bolt in roll cage I have seen is the SafetyDevices. I had two of them perfect fit, amazing really. FIA certified too. You could buy just the rear cage portion. If I was to want a roll cage/roll bar today I'd have one custom fabricated. I agree with Jay about roll cages in street cars...
  9. 1ashchuckton

Filling out my garage... What would you do?

Love your Comet. (y) I had a 65 Comet Cyclone with a 271HP 289 that I bought in 1969. It was ages ago & was forgotten until I saw yours.
  10. 1ashchuckton

Coilpack longevity-what do y'all think?

Well with 100k on them, oh heck yes spend the money on new ones. (y)
  11. 1ashchuckton

Coilpack longevity-what do y'all think?

How many miles on those coil packs? I agree yes they will go bad given enough time. How much time that is, that's the question. :unsure:
  12. 1ashchuckton

I'm done with ECS

Now made with pure 100% unobtainium. That stuff is Hella expensive. o_O
  13. 1ashchuckton

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

When I first saw the GR Yaris I about wet my pants. This Crayola GR doesn't do it for me. When they add stupid mark ups to the price the R will end up being a better deal. I'll keep happily driving my MK6.
  14. 1ashchuckton

More accurately timing chain guides. Yikes so much plastic. o_O
  15. 1ashchuckton

Plastic oil pans, plastic drain plugs. What's next plastic connecting rods? <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>