GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by AntiGTI

1. A

2012 GTI misfiring at idle. Out of ideas

Update: new injector installed, misfires currently gone, cel is off. What a wild ride. I’ve taken that manifold off 6x...
  2. A

Thought I'd update this. Feeling kind of skeptical of the garage's diagnosis since the compression / leak down was all good. I decided to try one last time to swap the injector and see if the problem follows it. Welp it did. moved the #3 injector to the #1 spot and now I'm only getting misfires...
  3. A

Rebuild finished. Extra parts leftover?

Confirmed. The rubber piece goes on the AC pulley. Checked while working on my wife's Tiguan today.
  4. A

Rebuild finished. Extra parts leftover?

I don't know what it is so I'm following along, but the rubber disk recently ended up on the floor of my garage. I did notice that it fits perfectly into one of the accessory pullies, but looking up the parts I don't see any dust boots. Please update if you figure it out.
  5. A

I ended up bring it into a shop, and they did a compression / leakdown and everything was good. They borescoped it and found excessive oil in cyl 3. They believe the rings are failing in that cylinder causing the misfires. They would have to remove the cyl head to inspect further, but likely...
  6. A

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I've been struggling to find answers to my misfires at idle. So I changed plugs, coils, pcv, injectors, and did carbon cleaning. Still not going away. Yesterday I was poking around at connectors and looking for vac / fuel leaks and leaned on the small barb coming off the upper radiator hose...
  7. A

I did have the IM replaced under warranty at around 75k mi. This was in 2017. Not sure which revision was used at the time though. When I had the IM off recently I articulated the flapper and cleaned the flaps off. It seemed to function as expected. I have tried to spray carb cleaner around the...
  8. A

I don't have a leakdown tester, just compression, but I can I can check the wiring. I did suspect that as a possible problem, but was dumfounded as to why it would have changed cylinders from 2 to 3 after redoing the IM install. I do have a couple broken coil connectors. Replacements showing...
  9. A

Car has been misfiring at idle. Had P0300 and P0302. Changed spark plugs, checked the gap, and changed the Coils since it had been a couple years. No change in misfires. moved coils and plugs around with no change. Took off the IM and removed the carbon build up (was esp bad in cyl. 2) and...
  10. A

Indeed. It's all about the details, and I'm here for it.
  11. A

upper timing belt cover gaskets. Such an annoying job to do. Also, does everyone lose one or two T-30 bits every time they work on their car, or just me?
  12. A

How To - Water pump replacement, the quick and easy way

I'm sure you figured this out by now, but the shorter bolts are on the left hand side facing the car (above and below the sensor)
  13. A

That's the worst. The only thing about working on these cars is how they LOVE to hide bolts all over the place. Nice work though, it's always rewarding to DIY in the end.
  14. A

How long have you had R8 coils?

5 years 55k miles so far.
  15. A

Replaced the water pump. Made it 105k on the original one. Upper left mounting point cracked off and was leaking. Also had a leak between 2 of the pipes where the gasket died. Repair was a huge pita as you can't see hardly anything while you do it. lots of cuts and a sore ass back. I saved...